Candidate Declaration Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:47:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Candidate Declaration Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Candidate Declaration Thread  (Read 471234 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 24, 2006, 10:53:28 AM »

As per the feedback received by the Forum Affairs Commission on Elections when discussing the Candidate Regulations, here is the new unified Candidate Declaration Thread.  Candidates for Federal offices need to post their intent to run (or any retraction thereof) here for it to be officially noticed by the Department of Forum Affairs when creating the ballot for an election.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 10:54:46 AM »

The declaration period for the June Senatorial and Presidential election has begun.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 08:16:16 PM »

Ah what the hell.

I'll run for Senate in the Southeast.

If I'm not mistaked you need 100 posts to declare a senate candidacy.  Or 250.  Not sure, but I'd check on that.

100 for Senate, 250 for President.  However, you only have to have them by the time declaration period is over and since Captain Vlad was posting at a rate that will easily see him to the needed 100, I declined to comment over what would likely prove a technicality without a distinction in his case.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 08:05:04 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2006, 09:08:51 PM by SoFA Ernest »

Both the Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates need to post and both need to indicate that they will be running with the other in order for the ticket to appaer on the ballot.  I'll make an informational post Thursday about the candidates with currently recognized declarations.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 05:26:58 PM »

For your information, here is a summary of the candidacy declarations for the June regular elections received by the Department of Forum Affairs as of June 1 6:30pm EDT  (June 1 2230 UTC).

President/Vice President
Complete Tickets
no declared tickets

Incomplete Tickets
The following tickets are incomplete due to a failure to either specify which candidate is running for which office or a failure for a proposed running mate to indicate acceptance of the ticket.)

Everett/none (Has not indicated any running mate(s).)
none/Just Peter (Has indicated that he will accept Everett.)
none/Hawk (Has indicated that he will accept Yates.)
Andrew Berger (Has indicated that he will accept King, but not which office he is running for.)
King (Has indicated that he will accept Andrew Berger, but not which office he is running for.)
True Democrat/none (Has indicated that he will accept Supersoulty).

Senate

Mideast
MasterJedi (ACA-Wisconsin)

Midwest
no declared candidates

Northeast
Harry Hayfield (Ind-Pennsylvania)
jerusalemcar5 (SDP-Maine)

Pacific
WMS (CDP-New Mexico)

Southeast
Captain Vlad (Ind-Texas)
Jake (RP-Mississippi)

Candidates have until June 15 8:00pm EDT  (June 16 0000 UTC) to make a declaration or withdraw an existing declaration so as to appear on the ballot.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 07:15:03 PM »

For your information, here is a summary of the candidacy declarations for the June regular elections received by the Department of Forum Affairs as of June 4 8:00pm EDT  (June 5 0000 UTC).

President/Vice President
Complete Tickets
Ebowed (PCP-South Carolina) / Q (Ind-Georgia)
True Democrat (CDP-Pennsylvania) / Supersoulty (CDP-Pennsylvania)

Incomplete Tickets
The following tickets are incomplete due to a failure to either specify which candidate is running for which office or a failure for a proposed running mate to indicate acceptance of the ticket.)

Andrew Berger/none (Has indicated that he will accept King.)
King (Has indicated that he will accept Andrew Berger, but not which office he is running for.)
Ron Dubya/none (Has not indicated any running mate(s).)

Senate

Mideast
MasterJedi (ACA-Wisconsin)

Midwest
BRTD (SDP-Minnesota)

Northeast
Harry Hayfield (Ind-Pennsylvania)
jerusalemcar5 (SDP-Maine)

Pacific
WMS (CDP-New Mexico)

Southeast
Captain Vlad (Ind-Texas)
Jake (ACA-Mississippi)

Candidates have until June 15 8:00pm EDT  (June 16 0000 UTC) to make a declaration or withdraw an existing declaration so as to appear on the ballot.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 11:09:03 PM »

With straight party voting ruled illegal last time, I'm not planning on bothering with endorsements, since without the SPV, I don't need them to make a ballot.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 08:02:44 PM »

The fact that saying "running mate" isn't enough to show that King will be my Vice President is ridiculous and UNFAIR! THE PEOPLE DEMAND FAIRNESS!
It isn't because he could have been meaning to form a King/Berger ticket instead of a Berger/King ticket.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 07:14:25 PM »

For your information, here is a summary of the candidacy declarations for the June regular elections received by the Department of Forum Affairs as of June 8 8:00pm EDT  (June 9 0000 UTC).

President/Vice President
Complete Tickets
Ebowed (South Carolina) / Q (Georgia)
True Democrat (Pennsylvania) / Supersoulty (Pennsylvania)

Incomplete Tickets

Andrew Berger/none (Has indicated that he will accept King.)
Ron Dubya/none (Has not indicated any running mate(s).)
none/NixonNow (Has not indicated he will accept Keystone Phil.)
Keystone Phil/NixonNow (Has not indicated any running mate(s).)

Senate

Mideast
MasterJedi (Wisconsin)

Midwest
BRTD (Minnesota)
Jas (Iowa)

Northeast
Harry Hayfield (Pennsylvania)
jerusalemcar5 (Maine)

Pacific
WMS (New Mexico)

Southeast
Captain Vlad (Texas)
Jake (Mississippi)

Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 10:05:27 PM »

How many times am I going to have to say this? I accept Berger as my running-mate.

That's not the probem.  You have to say whether you are running for President or Vice-President.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 10:17:32 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2006, 10:25:18 PM by SoFA Ernest »

Yeah, so many people are having problems with this that I don't think the blame is all theirs. Ernest, since you need everything spelled out, perhaps you could craft a statement that the candidates can copy with blanks filled in.

I had hope to avoid the bureaucracy of a form, but I suspect you are right. Candidates are free to use the form below as needed.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 10:24:15 PM »

I, __________, am (declaring/withdrawing) my intent to run for the office of:

[  ] Senator for __________.
[  ] Vice President on a ticket with _________.
[  ] President on a ticket with _________.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 10:48:22 PM »

I'm confused, but just to be safe.

I, Captain Vlad , am declaring my intent to run for the office of:

[X] Senator for the Southest Region.

Wasn't needed, but thanks anyway.  It's the Presidential and Vice Presidential candidacies that prompted this form.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006, 12:40:59 PM »

The form is optional and intended to help those who have had difficulty with stating all the needed info in their declarations.  I need some indication of which office one is running for and of whom one is running with from both people on a presidential ticket.  While we haven't had it done much, there is nothing in the law keeping one from running on multiple tickets, or from running for both President and Vice President on different tickets, which is why I am being a bit of a stickler here.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 07:20:10 PM »

For your information, here arethe candidacy declarations for the June regular elections received by the Department of Forum Affairs as of June 12 8:00pm EDT  (June 13 0000 UTC).

President/Vice President
Complete Tickets
Andrew Berger (New York) / King (Alabama)
Keystone Phil (Pennsylvania) / NixonNow (New Jersey)
Ron Dubya (Texas) / Milk and Cereal (Michigan)

Incomplete Tickets
The following tickets are incomplete due to a failure to either specify which candidate is running for which office or a failure for a proposed running mate to indicate acceptance of the ticket. Incomplete tickets will not be listed on the ballot unless they are completed by the end of the declarationperiod.

Senate

Mideast
MasterJedi (Wisconsin)

Midwest
BRTD (Minnesota)
Jas (Iowa)

Northeast
jerusalemcar5 (Maine)

Pacific
WMS (New Mexico)

Southeast
Captain Vlad (Texas)
Jake (Mississippi)

Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 05:16:38 PM »

For your information, here are the candidacy declarations for the June regular elections received by the Department of Forum Affairs as of June 15 6:01pm EDT  (June 15 2201 UTC).

President/Vice President
Complete Tickets
Andrew Berger (New York) / King (Alabama)
Ron Dubya (Texas) / Milk and Cereal (Michigan)

Incomplete Tickets
The following tickets are incomplete due to a failure to either specify which candidate is running for which office or a failure for a proposed running mate to indicate acceptance of the ticket. Incomplete tickets will not be listed on the ballot unless they are completed by the end of the declaration period.

none/TheWildCard (Has indicated that he will accept Everett.)

Senate

Mideast
MasterJedi (Wisconsin)

Midwest
BRTD (Minnesota)
Jas (Iowa)

Northeast
jerusalemcar5 (Maine)

Pacific
WMS (New Mexico)

Southeast
Captain Vlad (Texas)
Jake (Mississippi)

Candidates have a little under two hours left (until June 15 8:00pm EDT  (June 16 0000 UTC)) to make a declaration or withdraw an existing declaration so as to appear on the ballot.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2006, 06:42:33 PM »

You're both wrong, altho Keystone is closer.  Since it is a declared ticket, if only King were to officially withdraw, then Burger would have another four days to find a replacement under section 9 of the ESRA.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2006, 07:01:30 PM »

So I could have had another four days to find a running mate if I hadn't have dropped out?

Yes.  The law doesn't state that it applies only when a VP candidate drops out after the declaration deadline.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 08:18:07 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2006, 11:34:54 PM by SoFA Ernest »

You're both wrong, altho Keystone is closer.  Since it is a declared ticket, if only King were to officially withdraw, then Burger would have another four days to find a replacement under section 9 of the ESRA.

Since you spelled my name wrong, I'm not doing sh**t!

I earnestly appologize to Mr. Berger for misspelling his name.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2006, 12:08:42 PM »

The following constitutes the formal opinion of the Department of Forum Affairs.

The withdrawls of the Andrew Berger and King were after the declaration deadline.  As such, the Andrew Berger / King ticket will remain on the ballot, altho they are of course free after the election has concluded to concede the victory under Section 13 of the Electoral System Reform Act.  Because of King's declaration, Andrew Berger has until 8pm EDT Monday to acquire a replacement who accepts the position.

The declarations of the Everett/TexasGurl and NixonNow/Mike Naso tickets were after the declaration deadline, so they shall not appear on the ballot, but write-in votes for either ticket shall count.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2006, 06:07:03 PM »

Actually, he will.  I don't see where I have authority to remove the ticket once the declaration deadline has passed, only to replace the VP candidate as provided by law during the first 96 hours after it.  Granted this is about as pointless as the runoff that will happen in the SC GOP race for Treasurer, but it's how I see the law.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2006, 07:01:29 PM »

No, he'll appear with King if a replacement is not procured.  Prior to the change in the law to allow for a late VP substition, that is what would have happened, and so in the absence of legislation specifying what should happen if a VP drops out and no replacement is named, I will be applying the prior rule.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2006, 08:34:24 PM »

This is crazy. I didn't ask for people to vote for me; I'm not about to start campaigning; nor am I promising that I won't invoke Section 13 of the Electoral System Reform Act and concede the victory should I win, but I will accept write-in votes in the Northeast Senate Race.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2006, 09:52:17 PM »

With both EarlAW and Speed of Sound casting a preference for the EarlAW / Speed of Sound ticket, that ticket is offically recognized as a write-in ticket and it's votes will be counted.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2006, 01:50:29 PM »

I hereby announce my intention to run for the Senate this August, in what I am assuming will be District 2 (the district that includes Delaware).
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies