Candidate Declaration Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:58:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Candidate Declaration Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Candidate Declaration Thread  (Read 471732 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: January 22, 2007, 03:39:09 PM »
« edited: January 22, 2007, 03:42:22 PM by SoFA Gabu »

I am running for President with ilikeverin as my running mate.

I am running for President with Everett as my running mate.

I am running for Vice President as Everett's running mate.

Oh boy.

Well, given that a ticket is considered one unified item on the presidential ballot, I can't see anything whatsoever in established law or in the Constitution that prohibits this sort of thing.  And as far as I can figure, having someone appear on the ballot more than once is not going to make that person more likely to win.

I will say, however, that you should advise your potential voters of Section 11, Clause 1 of the Consolidated Electoral System Reform Act, which reads as follows:

"Where a voter lists only the Presidenitial candidate of a ticket in a Presidential election and this is the sole occurrence of the Presidential candidate on the ballot, then the vote shall be construed to be for the ticket which the Presidential candidate is a member of."

In other words, anyone voting for simply "Lewis Trondheim" will have his or her vote invalidated due to an inability to identify which ticket was meant.  This goes for the other people pulling these shenanigans, as well.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 06:55:27 PM »

You are welcome to run for a position that does not exist, but any election for this position will not appear on the official ballot until the Senate actually conjures it into being. Tongue
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 12:17:19 PM »

You'll have to move first. Neither you nor Lewis is in district 3 after redistricting.

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Districts

What's the cutoff date for declaring? Have we passd it?

The cutoff date is ten days before the election, so that would be today.  Any declarations made after today will not be valid for the purposes of appearing on the ballot (but write-in candidacies can still be declared at any time).
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 02:31:33 PM »

No, it's the 12th.  The cutoff is always 10 days before the election, and the election begins the 22nd.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 04:49:48 PM »

Rather, I am running as a Write-in candidate (or on-the-ballot candidate) if you still can) for Southeast Regional Senator in the June 2007 elections.

The deadline was June 12, so you'll have to be a write-in.

Not that it really makes that much of a difference around here. Tongue
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 09:57:08 PM »

Gabu, just a note to you:

I think Dr. Cynic withdrew from the race, though I'm not sure if he officially did it in this thread.

Oh, did he?

I tell you, people these days... Tongue
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 12:43:26 PM »

For the record: I'm going to leave the absentee ballot as is given that some people have already voted and I don't want to give them the urge to edit their ballot.  Any votes for Dr. Cynic will just be ignored.

The official non-absentee ballot will have his name removed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies