Kerry +8 in Wisconsin with Nadar in ballot
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:52:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Polls
  Kerry +8 in Wisconsin with Nadar in ballot
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kerry +8 in Wisconsin with Nadar in ballot  (Read 2166 times)
nomorelies

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 03, 2004, 12:16:37 PM »

Massachusetts senator John Kerry could carry the state of Wisconsin in the 2004 United States presidential election, according to a poll by Zogby International published in the Wall Street Journal Online. 51.9 per cent of respondents would vote for the prospective Democratic nominee, while 43.7 per cent would support Republican incumbent George W. Bush.

Independent candidate Ralph Nader garners the support of 1.4 per cent of respondents. The election is scheduled for Nov. 2.

Democrat Al Gore won the state’s 11 electoral votes in the 2000 election, defeating Bush by just over 5,000 ballots. The last Republican to carry Wisconsin was Ronald Reagan in 1984.

Polling Data

What candidate would you vote for in the 2004 U.S. presidential election? John Kerry (D) 51.9% George W. Bush (R) 43.7% Ralph Nader (I) 1.4%

Source: Zogby International / The Wall Street Journal Online Methodology: Online interviews to 841 Wisconsin voters, conducted from May 18 to May 23, 2004. Margin of error is 3.4 per cent.

The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 12:39:10 PM »

Massachusetts senator John Kerry could carry the state of Wisconsin in the 2004 United States presidential election, according to a poll by Zogby International published in the Wall Street Journal Online. 51.9 per cent of respondents would vote for the prospective Democratic nominee, while 43.7 per cent would support Republican incumbent George W. Bush.

Independent candidate Ralph Nader garners the support of 1.4 per cent of respondents. The election is scheduled for Nov. 2.

Democrat Al Gore won the state’s 11 electoral votes in the 2000 election, defeating Bush by just over 5,000 ballots. The last Republican to carry Wisconsin was Ronald Reagan in 1984.

Polling Data

What candidate would you vote for in the 2004 U.S. presidential election? John Kerry (D) 51.9% George W. Bush (R) 43.7% Ralph Nader (I) 1.4%

Source: Zogby International / The Wall Street Journal Online Methodology: Online interviews to 841 Wisconsin voters, conducted from May 18 to May 23, 2004. Margin of error is 3.4 per cent.

Zogby Internet poll.

His regular polls are not even working properly, so I would really be careful about any of his internet stuff.

For example, Zogby has bush up 5 in Iowa and down 3 in Missouri via the internet...

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=4306
kfseattle
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 03:16:37 PM »

I'm going to call Wisconsin for Kerry.  That I know...
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 03:22:56 PM »

Unrelated...

What can you tell me about the Senate Race in your state?

The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 03:26:30 PM »

Unrelated...

feingold vs darrow
feingold easily.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2004, 03:35:35 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2004, 03:52:33 PM by The Vorlon »

Unrelated...

feingold vs darrow
feingold easily.

Thanks - that I knew, was actually asking about Patty Murrey/George Nethercutt

BUt thanks for answering anyway.... "cheesehead"... Wink
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2004, 03:51:05 PM »

Thanks - that I knew, was actually asking about Patty Murry/George Nethercutt

BUt thanks for answering anyway.... "cheesehead"... Wink

Unrelated...

feingold vs darrow
feingold easily.
no problemo yo.
kfseattle
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2004, 05:20:14 PM »

I'd put money on Murray.  I don't think you'll win a Senate seat without western Washington and Seattle, and while Nethercutt might run a good campaign, I don't think he'll pull it off.  The Democrats in Washington are ACTIVE right now.  
You should have seen how packed the caucuses were.  In my precinct, they planned for double turnout but there were like 7x the normal number of people.  The room was utterly full.
People like Patty Murray on the whole.  And remember, in the last senate election in Washington this upstart Cantwell beat out Slade Gorton...
Democrats are even making gains in republican areas.  
The "east side" of Seattle (Bellevue), across lake Wahington, is traditionally very republican...this is (was) Jennifer Dunn's district.  Bellevue recently elected a democrat to the state house for the first time ever a year or two ago.
We have very popular representatives in Jay Inslee, Adam Smith, and Brian Baird in Western Washington.  Baird won in SW Wasington, traditionally republican.

Still, if the Republicans work their butts off (which they can be good at) they could put up a good fight.  The ball in their court, so to speak.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies