Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2018, 12:59:52 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: New features added! Click here for more information. Click here to configure new features.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Gustaf, Lumine)
| | |-+  Actual Farm Subsidies Abolition Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Actual Farm Subsidies Abolition Bill  (Read 8683 times)
WMS
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 0.35

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2006, 02:52:32 pm »

The thread in which the original bill was debated and modified is here: http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=29934.0

The final bill can be found here: http://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Farm_Subsidies_Abolition_Act

Please read both before debating things any further; this is another issue in which we've moved beyond the way things are in the real world.

After having read through the debate and the bill, I can say that I am satisified with things as they are currently in Atlasia and will not be voting for this bill. Smiley

The political class has demonized the working class because the political class no longer represents the working class.  Neither Republicans or Democrats.
Political Beliefs Summarized:
WMS
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 02:11:53 pm »

Aye on the amendment, but I'm still voting against this bill. Tongue

The political class has demonized the working class because the political class no longer represents the working class.  Neither Republicans or Democrats.
WMS
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 03:35:54 pm »

I think we should gear farm subsidies to keeping production within a certain quota, so that overproduction isn't as rampant as it is (or may be, perhaps when a GM is appointed s/he can tell us Smiley) now; it's certainly responsible for a good deal of the obesity-related health problems in Atlasia.

Wink Read the original bill discussion again - Atlasian farm policy is not currently the same as American farm policy.

WMS
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 12:13:53 pm »

I think we should gear farm subsidies to keeping production within a certain quota, so that overproduction isn't as rampant as it is (or may be, perhaps when a GM is appointed s/he can tell us Smiley) now; it's certainly responsible for a good deal of the obesity-related health problems in Atlasia.

Wink Read the original bill discussion again - Atlasian farm policy is not currently the same as American farm policy.

Well, I know that we've eliminated subsidies to all but smaller farmers, but we don't have any information about whether they're still overproducing Tongue

With the agribusinesses out of the subsidy picture, I rather doubt it Tongue

WMS
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 03:06:07 pm »

Nay.

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout