will little casey win every county in the pa? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:16:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  will little casey win every county in the pa? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: will little casey win every county in the pa?  (Read 2862 times)
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« on: June 05, 2006, 07:29:46 PM »

Has there ever been a time where someone won every county in Pennsylvania?  I can't find a single election where that happened.

I think Heinz did in his last election because I heard somewhere that he won the city of Pittsburgh.  Wait, nevermind, he probably didn't win Philadelphia county.  It would be easier for a Democrat to win every county than a Republican because of Philadelphia.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 08:26:14 PM »

Has there ever been a time where someone won every county in Pennsylvania?  I can't find a single election where that happened.

All but Philadelphia has been done a few times, most recently by Ridge in 1998. He lost Philadelphia 60-35. Specter lost only two (Philly and Somerset) in 1998.

Why did Specter lose Somerset?

I used to wonder that too.  The guy who ran against him was the State Senator from Somerset, and must have been very popular.

He was so unknown, I read somewhere that he had like 10% name recognition on election day.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 08:46:27 PM »

I used to wonder that too.  The guy who ran against him was the State Senator from Somerset, and must have been very popular.

He was so unknown, I read somewhere that he had like 10% name recognition on election day.

Do you think he could have won if he was better known?  A Democrat getting over 60% in Somerset County is no small feat.

No way he could have won under normal circumstances.  Specter was uber popular back then in Pennsylvania.  He was never radically popular (like Hagel in Nebraska in 2002), but Specter could always pull a good 58% at least (2004 had Clymer in the race).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies