ME - Colby College: Gideon +3 | Golden +25 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:41:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  ME - Colby College: Gideon +3 | Golden +25 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME - Colby College: Gideon +3 | Golden +25  (Read 1950 times)
SenatorCouzens
United States

« on: October 28, 2020, 11:46:41 AM »
« edited: October 28, 2020, 12:17:16 PM by SenatorCouzens »

Good to see a poll here. Given the localism that still exists in Maine elections, some failure in past polls detecting the extent of Republican support in ME-02, and Susan Collins' history in this state, a Collins upset would SURPRISE but not SHOCK me (in the way that Gardner winning in Colorado would make me fall out of my chair).

And while often dismissed by the political junkies, I actually think the vote against Barrett could meaningfully bolster Collins independent image at the 11th hour.
SenatorCouzens
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 02:58:58 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2020, 03:08:01 PM by SenatorCouzens »

And while often dismissed by the political junkies, I actually think the vote against Barrett could meaningfully bolster Collins independent image at the 11th hour.

LMAO!

That's not such an absurd idea. Earlier polls suggested her stance had a neutral effect on her favourability rating, but I suspect that would be more likely than not to amount to a boost among the voters she needs to win over and some extra disappointment amongst Republicans who are probably going to end up voting for her anyway, even if they only give her their second preference.

That's the way I see it too. I think it only helps her? But there's a good chance not

LMAO!
That's the way I see it too. I think it only helps her? But there's a good chance not in a meaningful way.

As for the "LMAO!", the local news headline is simply Collins votes against Trump's Supreme Court nominee. Many of these voters -- in Maine -- aren't rage-tweeting about Collins being a Republican puppet or thinking about Senate whip count in a sophisticated manner. Many of them couldn't even tell you how many justices are on the Supreme Court.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies