Federal Spending Received Per Dollar of Taxes Paid by State, 2004 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:22:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Federal Spending Received Per Dollar of Taxes Paid by State, 2004 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Federal Spending Received Per Dollar of Taxes Paid by State, 2004  (Read 9792 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« on: June 14, 2006, 02:41:16 AM »

Like Senator Hatfield used to say about his "bringing home the beef" (he hated the term pork), Oregon never got its fair share back in taxes paid out, he was just trying to balance it out.

Looking at the list, and Oregon's place on it, it seems we (Oregonians) could use a little "bring home the beef" balance again.   

You're only 3 cents short. Well over a quarter of the country lives in a state that is at least 21 cents short.

Oregon is one of the most cash strapped and economically destabilized states in the Union, and those 3 cents out of every dollar ADD UP QUICK. 

Oregon deserves its fair share, particularly when it is at a time of crisis which has been brought on and lengthened by the unfunded mandate and federal environmental regulations.

I don't feed trolls, so don't bother to respond to my comment, as I refuse to reply to anymore of your posts.

The point Jferm nrought up was a good one.  yes Oregon gets shorted and they should get their fair share, but they do get closer to their fair share than many other states including jefern's state & mine
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies