Rasmussen: Lamont makes huge gains in the general election.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:49:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Rasmussen: Lamont makes huge gains in the general election.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen: Lamont makes huge gains in the general election.  (Read 2208 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 19, 2006, 05:06:08 PM »

http://rasmussenreports.com/2006/State%20Polls/June%202006/connecticutsenate06162006.htm

I will indeed laugh a hardy laugh if Lieberman loses the general. Lamont has insane mo'. Never seen anything like it. Imagine the bump he will get in the general if he wins the primary.
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 05:14:07 PM »

New Poll: Connecticut Senator by Rasmussen on 2006-06-12

Summary: D: 61%, R: 23%, U: 16%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 05:59:08 PM »

As I said, Lamont v. Lieberman v. Nobody would be a race.  The RNC would be wise to back out and throw themselves behind Lieberman, but that's unlikely as Lieberman remains a prominent national Democrat.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 06:07:45 PM »

As I said, Lamont v. Lieberman v. Nobody would be a race.  The RNC would be wise to back out and throw themselves behind Lieberman, but that's unlikely as Lieberman remains a prominent national Democrat.

Yeah I was wondering if the RNC would try that. If they did even I have to admit that would pretty much doom Lamont in the general.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 07:07:34 PM »

Yeah I was wondering if the RNC would try that. If they did even I have to admit that would pretty much doom Lamont in the general.

Actually, the Republicans are just reveling in the Lamont attack on Lieberman.

Check out both the ADA and ACU and you will see that both groups rate Lieberman as a liberal.

The thing is that Lieberman (who was the Democrat nominee for Vice-Presiedent in 2000) is now considered unacceptable because the Democrat party has moved to the nutcase left.

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 08:04:42 PM »

Actually, the Republicans are just reveling in the Lamont attack on Lieberman.

Check out both the ADA and ACU and you will see that both groups rate Lieberman as a liberal.

The thing is that Lieberman (who was the Democrat nominee for Vice-Presiedent in 2000) is now considered unacceptable because the Democrat party has moved to the nutcase left.

How does being against the war make you a nutcase? A majority of the country is and certainly a majority of Conneticut is.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 08:39:55 PM »

Lamont will only continue to gain steam if he wins the primary. He would have a decent shot in the general is he manages to pull off the surprise upset of Lamont.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 08:43:58 PM »

Lamont will only continue to gain steam if he wins the primary. He would have a decent shot in the general is he manages to pull off the surprise upset of Lamont.

Yes, Joe is really best off sticking to the primary. 

It would be ironic if 18 years after the Republican party got him elected that the Democratic party defeated him.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 11:03:52 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2006, 11:05:51 PM by Eraserhead »

Yes, Joe is really best off sticking to the primary. 

It would be ironic if 18 years after the Republican party got him elected that the Democratic party defeated him.

Ironic and awesome.

Although I must say it could potentially turn into a full on democratic Civil War if Lamont wins the nomination. Warmonger democrats like Schumer and Clinton will come striding in to protect Lieberman (and themselves in the process) even as an independant while Dean, Feingold (and maybe even Gore?) will strongly fight for Lamont if he earns the nomination.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 02:51:57 AM »

Do not ignore however that Lieberman is also up in the general polls that have him as the Democrat.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 11:52:08 AM »

Something to remember; in a multi-party race (which is what this would be with Lieberman as an Independent Democrat) it is very hard to beat a candidate who takes over 40% of the vote, and damn near impossible to beat one who takes over 45%.
In other words, unless a lot of Republicans are prepared to vote tactically for *Lamont*, Lieberman is safe so long as he polls over 40% in a three-way match up.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies