Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2017, 01:51:32 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  Individual Politics (Moderators: Alcon, Torie, AndrewTX)
| | |-+  Summary of political beliefs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] Print
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 309499 times)
BWP Conservative
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1275 on: October 05, 2017, 01:15:39 am »
Ignore

I am a Libertarian Conservative
Social Issues(very libertarian): legalize drugs, prostitution, gambling, gay adoption.  The federal government shouldn't define marriage as it is not a federal issue.  I also am opposed any censorship, safe spaces, trigger warnings, hate crime laws, and anti-discrimination laws applying to private businesses and private landlords.  Death penalty needs to be reformed and should only be used when there is no doubt of guilt and truly indisputable evidence proving the crime was committed  (basically an official confession or DNA evidence, ect.)  I also oppose gun control.  Also, I oppose NSA spying and strongly believe in the rights of the accused including habeas corpus and freedom from indefinite detention and freedom from unjustly long prison terms.  The only social issue where I am right wing is abortion.  I view and unborn child as a human being that deserves the same rights the government guaranties the born, the right not to be murdered.  To be honest, if you see abortion as an equivalent to murder it isn't socially authoritarian to believe people should be protected from murder.

Economic Issues(conservative): I do not think the government should have a big role in regulating the economy.  Basically, I believe the government should protect customers form fraud, have basic workplace safety standards, standards that food, drugs, and items sold are safe to be consumed, anti-trust laws to prevent monopolies and ensure fair competition, a low, basic minimum wage, some environmental regulations, and basic bank regulations to prevent economic crashes.  That's it.  I think with minimal regulation the economy can function best and people can open up their own businesses.  As long as basic safety regulations exist and monopolies and bank crashes are prevented, the economy will do great.  Also, wages will rise as the economy does better.  As far as taxes go, the tax rate on the wealthy should not be raised and the tax code should be simplified eliminating loopholes.  Gradually, the brackets should be flattened and deductions should be capped to prevent shell games.  The middle class should receive the greatest tax break as extra spending money in the middle class will boost the economy.  Also, the corporate tax rate should be lowered so companies and incentivized not to move overseas.  When a company moves overseas, all assets leaving the country should be taxed.  In terms of spending, it needs to be cut greatly.  Entitlements need to be reformed so they don't go bankrupt and make the country bankrupt along with it.   Cut welfare programs and other wasteful studies.  Get the government out of education.  Medicare needs great reform and should gain the right to negotiate drug prices in order to cut costs for the taxpayer.  Also, we spend more on our military than the next 8 countries combined so we should stop increasing military spending and when we take military action that helps another nation, the nation we helped should reimburse the American taxpayer for the cost spent, including a lump sum for every wounded American soldier and for the family of every killed American soldier.   We must make across-the board-cuts so that we no longer increase the debt by 2030 and we pay back at least $50 billion in principal each year starting in 2035.  Pass a balanced budget constitutional amendment.

This pretty much sums up my views.

Economic Score: +5 (Conservative)
Social Score: -2 (Libertarian-leaning)
MB
MB298
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.60

View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: October 10, 2017, 05:29:02 pm »
Ignore

Foreign
NATO: I think we should renegotiate as it benefits Europe more than it benefits us.

ISIS: ISIS was created as a result of the invasion of Iraq along with disastrous foreign policy since. Thankfully it seems to be getting smaller, but I do support strikes on their bases (not on civilian targets however).

China and Russia: Both are corrupt dictatorships that we need to be allied with. It would be disastrous to have a war with either of them. We should continue trade and build better relations.

Cuba: End all aspects of the embargo and build good relationship.

Israel: I support a two state solution.

Syria/Refugees: "Extreme vetting" as proposed by Trump. Admit a select number (no more than 510,000) every year and prioritize families over single men.

Electoral Reform
Electoral College Reform: Abolish it and include the territories in a popular vote.

Gerrymandering: Nothing should be taken into account besides population when drawing districts.

Term limits: Oppose

Voter ID: Oppose, and make all voting by mail.

Primaries: Get rid of the delegates and choose the nominee by a direct popular vote held on one day. Allow anyone to vote in either party's primary.

Statehood: Support D.C., Guam, and Puerto Rico as states. Also I think some should be split.

Voting age: Lower to 16

Corruption/Lobbying: Ban all corporate lobbying.

Abolish the selective service!

ENDORSEMENTS
AL-Gov: Walter Maddox (D)
CA-Gov: John Cox (R)
FL-Gov: John Morgan (D)
MD-Gov: Ben Jealous (D)/Larry Hogan (R)
NJ-Gov: Seth Kaper-Dale (G)
OK-Gov: Gary Richardson (R)
OR-Gov: Kate Brown (D)

AL-Sen: Doug Jones (D)
ME-Sen: Angus King (I)
NV-Sen: Jesse Sbaih (D)
TX-Sen: Beto O'Rourke (D)
VT-Sen: Bernie Sanders (I)

POTUS: Tulsi Gabbard (D)
Governor-elect Ed Gillespie
TheSaint250
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: October 11, 2017, 06:27:49 pm »
Ignore

Foreign
NATO: I think we should renegotiate as it benefits Europe more than it benefits us.

ISIS: ISIS was created as a result of the invasion of Iraq along with disastrous foreign policy since. Thankfully it seems to be getting smaller, but I do support strikes on their bases (not on civilian targets however).

China and Russia: Both are corrupt dictatorships that we need to be allied with. It would be disastrous to have a war with either of them. We should continue trade and build better relations.

Cuba: End all aspects of the embargo and build good relationship.

Israel: I support a two state solution.

Syria/Refugees: "Extreme vetting" as proposed by Trump. Admit a select number (no more than 510,000) every year and prioritize families over single men.

Electoral Reform
Electoral College Reform: Abolish it and include the territories in a popular vote.

Gerrymandering: Nothing should be taken into account besides population when drawing districts.

Term limits: Oppose

Voter ID: Oppose, and make all voting by mail.

Primaries: Get rid of the delegates and choose the nominee by a direct popular vote held on one day. Allow anyone to vote in either party's primary.

Statehood: Support D.C., Guam, and Puerto Rico as states. Also I think some should be split.

Voting age: Lower to 16

Corruption/Lobbying: Ban all corporate lobbying.

You Oregonians (is that the right term?) love your voting by mail, don't you? Wink

Moderate Republican

I never said this is normal, and please save the stupid "you worship him" s***. I don't even support him anymore. I just think it's idiotic to complain and make a huge deal out of confusing two people.

Seriously, I have said a bunch of times that I don't support him and that I will vote for his primary challenger (if he doesn't get impeached first).
DavidB.
YaBB God
Netherlands

Political Matrix
E: -0.19, S: 1.65

View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: October 18, 2017, 11:21:30 am »
Ignore

[snip]
Imagine trying this hard
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] Print 
« previous next »