Reagan's Death - Effect on Bush's Ratings (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:39:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Reagan's Death - Effect on Bush's Ratings (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reagan's Death - Effect on Bush's Ratings  (Read 5391 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: June 07, 2004, 08:19:16 PM »

It does?  Look, I have no fondness for Reagan's presidency and his "philosophy" (more mentality, really), but the man was charming, and he was truly a great speaker.

Bush, on the other hand, speaks as if he's hooked on phonics -- hooked on something, anyways.  He speaks as if English is his second language!  He has zero charm, he is without gravitas, and he delivers a speech with all of the authority and conviction of a farting fly.  He stumbles, mumbles, he mangles names and places.

His posture is slouched and bent -- I think the Pope looked in better shape than Bush.  His hunched shoulders and bent frame suggests to the viewer that Bush is really thinking, "I need to vomit", more than "I shall inspire".

His comportment is that of an ex-drunk giving his first or tenth speech at "Toastmasters", not a leader eulogizing his "equal".  He leaves earthbound even the most soaring words  -- words no one would ever, ever suggest he wrote.

Now compare the Great Oraculator to the Great Communicator, and folks will conclude the same thing: Bush is a nobody president.  Bush most certainty will be dwarfed by Reagan -- dead, or alive.

Which will lead to the comparison of Bush and Kerry.  Whether you like or dislike Mr. Kerry, he can finish a sentence, and a thought.  He is educated.  He is smart.  In short, he ain't Stumble Bum Bush.  

Second point:  Reagan was a stud -- he really was.  A person posted this pix early in this thread:

Can you imagine how proud people felt, and feel, when they see this hunk of a man -- their president, a stud, talking about grand things with a noted world leader.   I dislike Reagan, but I was really touched by his "presence".

Compare Reagan with George W.  Bush.  This photo is from AP, taken on Memorial Day:

Compare and contrast.  Bush looks fussy, and bothered to be there.  The photo speaks to what I have written.

You tell me how Bush comes out ahead.

What?  He looks emotional.  Your right, he looks bothered, but bothered by the emotional context of the situation, not by being there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies