TX Gov: Kinky in 2nd behind weakening Perry (Survey USA)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:21:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  TX Gov: Kinky in 2nd behind weakening Perry (Survey USA)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: TX Gov: Kinky in 2nd behind weakening Perry (Survey USA)  (Read 6245 times)
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2006, 02:04:14 PM »

Thanks to both Vlad and Sam for the information. Smiley
Raoul Takemoto
Rookie

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2006, 05:38:01 PM »

Okay, I'm new here, so could someone please tell me why an incumbent Republican governor in a GOP state is having so much trouble? Is Bush bringing Perry down, or is it Perry himself?
Raoul Takemoto
Rookie

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2006, 06:53:33 PM »

Thanks Indy!
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2006, 08:57:46 PM »

Kinky all the way!!
Jacobtm

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2006, 12:17:35 PM »

Okay, I'm new here, so could someone please tell me why an incumbent Republican governor in a GOP state is having so much trouble? Is Bush bringing Perry down, or is it Perry himself?
Your presumption that an incumbent Republican governor should have no problem being re-elected in TX is correct. The fact that he's having troubles at all shows what a particularly bad job he's done.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2006, 12:23:59 PM »

Your presumption that an incumbent Republican governor should have no problem being re-elected in TX is correct. The fact that he's having troubles at all shows what a particularly bad job he's done.
He's doing badly in polls, but he has no trouble winning.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2006, 12:00:09 AM »

If not for Bush, Perry would not have been elected Lt.Governor in 1998.

You'd expect a Republican to win about 60:40.  Right now he is ahead about 40:20 over Bell.  There is no reason to assume that it is Perry vs. Strayhorn-Bell-Friedman.  It is quite unlikely that all the votes will coalesce on a single candidate.  With Bell doing so poor, some voters are going think, "why the hell not" and vote for Friedman, who is running against politics.  They're voters who will either not vote or vote for Friedman.  And there are voters who are constitutionally incapable for voting for anyone but a Democrat.  They're not going to vote for Friedman.

Some of the Strayhorn support and Bell support may switch.  Bell is running hard against Strayhorn right now.  But if Strayhorn is seen as dropping, some of her GOP vote will go to Perry; her Democrat vote will go to Bell, and her anti-politician will go to Friedman.

And we don't really know if the poll is reliable or not.  It doesn't make sense that Perry would drop 20 points in Harris County in a month, and almost none elsewhere; or the number of graduate school voters would increase by 5% in a month.
Jacobtm

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2006, 12:07:53 AM »

there are voters who are constitutionally incapable for voting for anyone but a Democrat.  They're not going to vote for Friedman.

Could you explain that? Do you mean the Texas State Constitution prohibits whom certian individuals can vote for? Or do you mean that their own constitution (their moral fibre, etc.) will not allow them?
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2006, 01:20:45 AM »

there are voters who are constitutionally incapable for voting for anyone but a Democrat.  They're not going to vote for Friedman.
Or do you mean that their own constitution (their moral fibre, etc.) will not allow them?
This one.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies