Associated Press/Ipsos: Mfume (D) leads Steele (R) and leads Cardin. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:53:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Associated Press/Ipsos: Mfume (D) leads Steele (R) and leads Cardin. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Associated Press/Ipsos: Mfume (D) leads Steele (R) and leads Cardin.  (Read 6245 times)
Soaring Eagle

« on: July 03, 2006, 10:55:18 AM »

Seems to be a two-edged sword facing Democrats this Fall:

1) If Mfume is not nominated, Cardin loses African Americans to Steele
2) If Cardin is not nominated, Mfume loses to Steele

Nominate Cardin and hope any loss among African Americans to Steele is offset by gains among whites. Neverthless, I hate the roll race plays in politics. I'd rather Maryland Democrats unite behind whoever of the two is the eventual Senate candidate but Cardin, I believe, will be the best bet for retaining the Senate seat and it's a seat Democrats can't afford to lose

Dave
I don't think Cardin will lose African Americans to Steele. They won't vote for Steele just because he shares their skin color. I also think that Steele would get more of the white vote against Cardin than one might think.

Mfume could lose to Steele, but I doubt it. Maryland would be more likely to elect a left wingnut than a right wingnut.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies