"Gay Rights" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:54:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  "Gay Rights" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Gay Rights"  (Read 10335 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: July 04, 2006, 11:40:27 AM »

One in 10 people are born gay.  I have children.  One of them could very well grow up to be gay.  I will not know for a long time.  Why on Earth should I not want the same rights for them if they are.  I would rather that they be able to get married than to shack up.  Better a white picket fence than a bath house.

Actually I think the bathhouse sounds much more fun. 

And usually you can tell if a kid is gay pretty early on - here in Thailand you regularly meet parents who tell you that their pre-pubescent child is gay, or 'will be a ladyboy'.  Such things can be seen easily if one has a tolerant culture.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 10:55:36 AM »

First, are so-called 'gay rights' merely limited to 'gay marriage'?  The answer to this is clearly no.  Many homosexuals in the United States (I will not comment about those in other lands) are interested in gaining access to minor children,

Yes, some are, CARLy, but alas, mostly just for the incredibly dull and unsexy purpose of parenting. 

As for 'gaining access' to such people for the purpose you imply (sex), lots of people want that, and it has nothing to do with whether they are straight or gay.   Remember, CARL-prude, the vast majority of abuse of children is accomplished by their biological parents.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Obviously!  This is like a black getting the KKK to abandon its hate, or a Jew wanting the Nazi to abandon his project of exterminating him.  Of course the gay would want those hate-filled intolerants the religious to stop persecuting him.

Not particularly relevant, but the 10% sound far more realistic.

Again, this is completely irrelevant.  Who cares what causes it?  You might as well obsess over why some people like sweets.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies