Will China invade Taiwan? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:08:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Will China invade Taiwan? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will China invade Taiwan?  If yes, when
No

Yes/2006

Yes/2007

Yes/2008

Yes/2009

Yes/2010

Yes/After 2010

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Will China invade Taiwan?  (Read 5412 times)
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« on: July 11, 2006, 08:06:20 PM »

Readly depends on what the ROC Taipei regime does.  If they are foolish enough to declare independence then the PRC will invade, the USA will stand aside, the new independent Taipei regime will face military revolts, third columists and outright defection as the PRC will win in a cakewalk with the support of the powerful overseas cummunity which has over the last decade switched it support to the Peiping regime from the Taipei regime.  Other than I see no need to a conflict, as Chinese reunification on the terms of the PRC will take place in about 20 years or so anyway.  The PRC Peiping regime are not foolish to risk conflict with USA and Japan in a war that will not be supported internally nor the overseas Chinese community.  During my visits to Mainland China I found strong (over 90%) support to reunification efforts and the same proportion will be for war if and when the Taipei regime is foolish enough to claim independence that they are not part of China.  That level of support falls significantly, especially in the South, when it is an unprovoked war launched by the PRC.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies