Will China invade Taiwan? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:00:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Will China invade Taiwan? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will China invade Taiwan?  If yes, when
No

Yes/2006

Yes/2007

Yes/2008

Yes/2009

Yes/2010

Yes/After 2010

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Will China invade Taiwan?  (Read 5396 times)
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« on: July 11, 2006, 08:04:33 PM »

My point was not that they;re the same.  My point was that bad countries can be eliminated and replaced with good ones.

Dude, have you been ingesting illicit pharmasuiticals; been playing the latest incarnation of trolleye; or are you really that clueless?

Countries don't suddenly fall in line with your views just because you blow stuff up (just ask al-queda).   In certain circumstances war is a nessisary evil (the oft mentioned WW2 being a very well known example).  But the ideological changes come about not with the surrender/occupation, but with the reconstruction. (ever hear of the Marshal plan?).  That's why the long term aftermath to WW2 was so much more productive than the aftermath of WW1 (which sowed the seeds for WW2).

I know that International politics is a complex issue.  It puts things like general relativity and quantum mechanics to shame as nations are not individual entities but orginizations of millions of people who are rarely of one mind - even if there are only a few dozens in positions of power there are still many subtilties and differences.   It is almost inevitable to oversimplify when trying to create a mental model of how things work; but to expect things to change as though you were exchanging currency at a bank goes beyond the pale in terms of absurdity.

China's been threatening Taiwan for decades.   The actual likelyhood of any action I would consider slim.  NK is a far more likely target (and one in which they might be able to get the consent of most major world powers to do given Kim il's beligerence)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies