Biographies
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:59:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Biographies
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Biographies  (Read 5989 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 18, 2004, 11:21:16 PM »

I figured that it would only be fair for the voters to know my own real life personal biography, as I am a candidate for President. I hope that the other Presidential and Vice Presidential nominees will follow suit, or anyone else on the board for that matter, so that we may begin to get to know each other on a little more personal basis. Feel free to include as much or as little as you are comfortable with.

My name is Eric Nyman. I was born on December 30, 1978 in Wisconsin Rapids, WI. My father was a high school chemistry teacher, he retired in 2000 after contracting a bacterial infection in his neck which left him paralyzed from the waist down. He was the Vice President of the local branch of the Michigan Education Association (the teachers' union). My parents were divorced when I was 8 years old. When I was 4 years old, I moved from Wisconsin Rapids to Stevens Point,  and then when I was 8, I moved to Ishpeming, MI, which is my father's original hometown. I lived there from age 8 until age 18, when I graduated from high school (1997) and then started attending the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI to work on a bachelor's degree in Industrial and Operations Engineering, with a primary concentration on Ergonomics. I graduated in 2001, and then worked for 2 years before returning to my hometown of Ishpeming to attend Northern Michigan University in Marquette, MI to begin work in September 2003 on master's degree in Public Administration with a concentration in Community Development. I will be graduating at the end of Fall term 2004. I currently am beginning an internship with the city of Marquette in the Community Development department.
PD
pd

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2004, 11:31:12 PM »

It would take me a while to do this (I like to be specific with these types of things) so I will do mine another day.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2004, 01:56:27 AM »
« Edited: January 19, 2004, 02:02:35 AM by supersoulty »

My name is Christopher Soult (Chris for short).  I was born on Feb. 8, 1984 in Pittsburgh, Pa.  My mother wasn't married, and I've never met my real father.  When I was very young, my mother moved back to her hometown of Clearfield, Pa and that's where I lived until I was 7.  That's the year my grandmother died.  After that, we left Clearfield for near-by DuBois, Pa.  We lived there for a few years and my mother met my step-father Jay and they married.  They had my sister and we moved out of there to another near-by town, Reynoldsville, Pa.  I lived there until I was 18.  I graduated in 2002 from DuBois Central Catholic.  In high school, I was very active in drama and scholastic challenge (kinda like team Jepardy when we compete against other schools).  I spent one year as a student council rep.  I currently attend Gannon University in Erie, Pa and am studying for a major in Political Science and a minor in History.  I am currently in the running for assistant Secretary General of the Model UN (we run it for the high school kids, we don't participate, other than to organize the events and chair the meetings).  I hope to someday run for office and from there, who knows.

P.S.  I have volunteered  time to the campaigns of two local candidates.  One a Democrat and one a Republican.
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2004, 07:08:47 PM »

Nym90. Have you some Scandinavian background? Eric Nyman truly souds like that.

Gustaf might be enthusiastic!
PD
pd

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2004, 07:10:57 PM »

Nym90. Have you some Scandinavian background? Eric Nyman truly souds like that.

Gustaf might be enthusiastic!
Yes, he does. He explained that earlier on another thread.
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2004, 07:17:32 PM »

Hey! Supersoulty would be second catholic president and first after Kennedy!
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2004, 07:26:12 PM »

Which Scandinavien country Nym90's ancestors have come from?
bejkuy

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2004, 04:34:53 PM »

Mississippi Liberal,

It's nice to know there's another tuba player out there, even if he's on the other side of the isle.

I was a band geek and later played in the Army Reserve band.
jravnsbo

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2004, 04:36:00 PM »

Hey a fellow reservist, cool! double welcome, reservist here that was deployed in support of OEF last year.

Mississippi Liberal,

It's nice to know there's another tuba player out there, even if he's on the other side of the isle.

© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2004, 04:45:39 PM »

Mississippi Liberal,

Why do you keep calling people "Mississippi Liberal" and North Carolina Liberal"??  Not that there anything wrong with it, it's just a little strange.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2004, 05:06:04 PM »

Mississippi Liberal,

Why do you keep calling people "Mississippi Liberal" and North Carolina Liberal"??  Not that there anything wrong with it, it's just a little strange.

With me it's one thing, but Harry isn't even a liberal, he's a moderate.
bejkuy

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2004, 05:37:25 PM »

Hey a fellow reservist, cool! double welcome, reservist here that was deployed in support of OEF last year.

I was a reservist, for eight months until I got in a bad car accident that led to an honorable discharge.  But thanks for the kind words.
Demrepdan

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2004, 05:39:20 PM »

Mississippi Liberal,

It's the standard Republican philosophy....if you're a Democrat....then you're a CRAAAZY LIBERAL!

It's good to make things nice and simple in order to understand things.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2004, 05:44:34 PM »

Mississippi Liberal,

It's the standard Republican philosophy....if you're a Democrat....then you're a CRAAAZY LIBERAL!

It's good to make things nice and simple in order to understand things.

Are you going to post your biography?
Demrepdan

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2004, 06:01:13 PM »

Are you going to post your biography?

Yes...either tonight or tomorrow..probably tonight...
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2004, 05:22:41 AM »

I was born here in Davenport, to a Republican Insurance Clerk and a Democratic kindergarten teacher Tongue

Raised in a house with news. We read (and read) the newspaper every day (Dad goes for the Chicago Tribune, Mom the Des Moines Register, I read the Chicago Sun-Times).

I've always been encourage to be political. My parents had a bet when I turned 14. My mom said I'd be a Democrat for life, my Dad said I'd be a democrat until I was out of college, and by the time I was 30 I'd be a Republican. I think Mom's going to win Wink

When I was 5 my brother Tim was born, and when I was 8 my mom had a miscarriage.

At the moment I'm in my final year at Davenport West HS, and I plan to do Arts/Law at Iowa State; majoring in International Law. I hope to get in, but it'll be hard. I need a very high GPA.

If I don't get into that, I'll do Arts and then transfer. I'd also like to travel around Europe, and go back to SE Asia and Oz.
jravnsbo

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2004, 10:04:40 AM »

Wait until you have to pay taxes, you'll think about becoming a Republican.

I've always been encourage to be political. My parents had a bet when I turned 14. My mom said I'd be a Democrat for life, my Dad said I'd be a democrat until I was out of college, and by the time I was 30 I'd be a Republican. I think Mom's going to win Wink

MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2004, 11:24:20 PM »

you mean the third after kennedy and kerry
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2004, 10:36:08 AM »

you mean the third after kennedy and kerry

Not if you count the forum election, since it will be held before the real one. But if you mean in reallife, I guess you could keep on dreaming... Wink
Demrepdan

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2004, 11:59:44 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2004, 12:08:14 AM by Demrepdan »

My name is Daniel C. Pfefferle (Dan). I was born Oct. 2, 1983 in Champaign, Illinois. My mother wasn't married when I was born and my father was not around either. I never met my father. (Odd how Supersoulty and I have that in common). After my birth, my mother immediately moved back to her home town of Sheldon, Illinois. A small conservative town, from where I slowly learned my Republican roots. I lived with my grandparents in this town, while my mother attended a community college back in Champaign. After my mother finished school, I decided to stay with my grandparents and attended elementary school in Sheldon until the fourth grade. Then I returned to Champaign in 1994. I stayed in Champaign, and am STILL in Champaign.

As I went through Middle School and High School I started to take more liberal views, but still kept several conservative views as well. Although I align myself more heavily with the Democratic Party, I consider myself a Democratic-Republican.

I graduated from Centennial High School in 2002, and I am now attending Parkland College with a major in history, and a minor in political science hoping to transfer to the University of Illinois. The first time I voted was in the 2002 Illinois Democratic Primaries, and then I voted again in the November 2002 general election, voting for both Democrats AND Republicans. In fact, about 95% of the candidates I voted for, WON. I have a half brother who is 14 years younger than me and a half sister who is 17 years younger than me (big age difference).

I described my race on another thread. I’m 25% black (Carribean), 25% Native American, and 50% white.

My religion is Protestant. Methodist. Although I admit I’m not very religious.

I LOVE to travel, I’ve been to many places in the Caribbean, (Haiti, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, Bermuda). I’ve also been to Panama, Canada, Mexico, and Venezuela. In Europe I’ve been to England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Netherlands, Germany, France, and Greece. And I’ve also been to Turkey and Egypt. There may be some others I’m forgetting but I think that’s about it. So I’ve been to all but 2 continents. Australia and Antarctica here I come!

In the United States, I’ve been to 45 states, the only states I haven’t been to are Nevada, Delaware, New Hampshire, Connecticut, and Vermont. And I’ve also been to Washington D.C.

The best thing I’ve gotten from my traveling experiences is my strong patriotism. Having been to many, many countries, I know that there are not many countries in this world quite like the good old U.S. of A. And having traveled quite extensively within my OWN country, I’ve met several people, and seen the glory’s and splendors that this nation has to offer us within our very borders. Also, my love for American history plays a great role in my love for this country. It’s not enough you love your country, but you should know WHY you love it, you should understand what this country has done, good or bad.

Some misc. things to know about me. I’m 6'1" to 6'2". I wear glasses. I have no wife or girlfriend presently. I have NEVER done ANY kind of illegal drugs in my entire life. I have never been convicted of a felony. I have never even gotten a damn parking ticket! I’ve never been pulled over by a policemen.  I have played the violin since 1994, and was in my High School orchestra, and in 2001 I won an Illinois High School Association award for my Superior performance of the Violin. In 2002, I placed second instead of first like I did the previous year. Sad But hey, second is good! I love classical music..I listen to it over all other music. Although I love a lot of other types of music as well

Also allow me to make a very VALID point. In 2001, I was elected Vice President of my High School orchestra. I was nominated for President, and was in a two way race with my friend, but I didn’t want the“speaking” duties the President of the orchestra has, so declined and decided to concede the election to my friend. In retrospect I now realize that the President didn’t do much speaking that year, so I SHOULD have stayed in the race. But anyway, I accepted the nomination for Vice President and won by a landslide. I served from 2001-2002.

I make that point, because I bet I’m the ONLY candidate who has served in an elected position. And if they did, I bet it wasn’t President, or even VICE President. If for that reason ONLY, I think the people should vote for Supersoulty and I. We have experience on our side!

That's about all I can think of for me. I think I’ve said it all! Sorry I made the post so long. Now I’ll have to edit this and put it in the OTHER Biographies thread.  Anything anyone would like to know I'm willing to tell. I'm going to open up all of my documents for the public to see for this election.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2005, 09:02:38 PM »

I was born here in Davenport, to a Republican Insurance Clerk and a Democratic kindergarten teacher Tongue

Raised in a house with news. We read (and read) the newspaper every day (Dad goes for the Chicago Tribune, Mom the Des Moines Register, I read the Chicago Sun-Times).

When I was 5 my brother Tim was born, and when I was 8 my mom had a miscarriage.

At the moment I'm in my final year at Davenport West HS, and I plan to do Arts/Law at Iowa State; majoring in International Law. I hope to get in, but it'll be hard. I need a very high GPA.

If I don't get into that, I'll do Arts and then transfer. I'd also like to travel around Europe, and go back to SE Asia and Oz.

WTF Hugh?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2005, 09:45:48 PM »

Absolutely nobody would believe me, so I don't tell anyone.  :-)
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2005, 09:46:47 PM »

Absolutely nobody would believe me, so I don't tell anyone.  :-)

That's for the best. I prefer to just think of you as a nice historian from the Keystone State. Smiley
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2005, 09:51:47 PM »

WTF Hugh?

For several months in 2004, he pretended to be from Davenport, Iowa.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2005, 09:55:26 PM »

LOL, before I cam most likely. That's quite funny that he created a whole history for himself like that. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies