'CommentIsFree' The best bits
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:53:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  'CommentIsFree' The best bits
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 'CommentIsFree' The best bits  (Read 1175 times)
afleitch
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 12, 2006, 04:07:17 PM »
« edited: July 12, 2006, 04:16:22 PM by afleitch »

From the Grauniad Guardians 'blog; 'Comment is Free' the wettest, most pointless blog on the planet.

http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/index.html

From those who love the entries

'I agree with Lucy and people like her should not be forced to have sex or children. I think European men should be looking more at females from say, Africa and Asia. Given global warming, this would produce a new race more adapted to a warmer climate.'

'By the way, the Catholic church and Fascism are very, very close relatives.'

And those who hate them

'Dear Sir, your article "Murder in Mumbai", with its incongruous mix of misinformed jingoism and arm-chair moralizing, seems to have been written for an audience of school children.'

'What I don't understand is what you communists get out of associating with Muslims. Is it just like other evangelicals - are you playing some sort of numbers game? They won't join you in a march to the Hotel de Ville to issue workers' credits, you know.'

'You're the sort that thinks religious fascism is "culturally enriching", so long as it wears a long beard and a brown skin rather than a Klan wizard hat and a red neck.'

More soon as I find 'em Smiley

Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 07:48:40 PM »

These are great. LOL funny especially the first one.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 07:06:36 AM »

Is CommentIsFree the thing in which they stick their columns up so people can comment on them?
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 01:08:31 PM »
« Edited: July 13, 2006, 01:27:21 PM by Michael Z »

Ironically, TGA has posted a comment on this sort of thing on the same site:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/story/0,,1819020,00.html

But that's the thing about the internet, in that it enables anyone, anywhere to say whatever they like, however they like it, regardless of how intelligent (or unintelligent) they are. You only have to look at some examples in this forum to see what I mean. I suppose you could say it's freedom of speech in its purest, most unmaligned form.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 04:50:24 AM »

In response to: 'Save us from the crackpots who see Zionist conspiracies in everything' by Nick Cohen

'But of course, a fool like you has the god-given right to broadcast your sanctimonious, neocon-Zionist ravings, as exhibited in your above hymn to unfreedom and undemocrcy.'

'I sense your days at the Observer are numbered as you move inexorably towards your spiritual home - the Mail. Cheerio, old boy. I'm not sorry to see you go. The onset of your dementia has been gradual as you moved from the simply boring to your current paranoid ravings.'

'Cohen is paranoid. Islamic people are not capable of defending their own countries, let alone take over others....The British built internment camps in northern Ireland exclusively for catholic people.' (Grin what a load of bull)

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies