Israel & Lebanon war-ish (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:08:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel & Lebanon war-ish (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Israel & Lebanon war-ish  (Read 12939 times)
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« on: July 14, 2006, 11:13:13 AM »

Well, of course the crazy neocons would like to start World War 3.

Do you honestly expect Israel to stand back and allow Hezbollah to launch rocket attacks and incursions into her sovereign territory?

Surprising as it may seem, seldom, if at all, have Israel been the aggressor since its inception as a sovereign state in 1948

Dave

I have to admit that I find it quite interesting how Hamas and Hezbollah launching rocket attacks on Israel hardly made the news here, yet as soon as Israel retaliates it makes the front page.
Because it is one thing to fire rockets at random and it is another to systematically destroy a country's infrastructure under pretext of defense.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 09:07:23 AM »

I don't get it. I suppose their teachers or parents or whoever told them the missiles are meant for the bad people who are bombing their homes. The fact that it's hitting factories, warehouses, roads, civilians, most of which have absolutely nothing to do with Hezbollah... nah, I think it's wrong to get kids involved in this sort of thing.

Unfortunately, the missile that comes toward their home gets them involved, whether the adults in their lives want them to be or not.  Kids can't help but take not of what is going on around them.
I don't think you'd be saying the same if palestinian children were writing on missiles.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies