Israel & Lebanon war-ish (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:00:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel & Lebanon war-ish (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Israel & Lebanon war-ish  (Read 12935 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« on: July 14, 2006, 08:14:20 AM »

Hezbollah started this and Israel will finish it!

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 08:22:06 AM »

Well, of course the crazy neocons would like to start World War 3.

Do you honestly expect Israel to stand back and allow Hezbollah to launch rocket attacks and incursions into her sovereign territory?

Surprising as it may seem, seldom, if at all, have Israel been the aggressor since its inception as a sovereign state in 1948

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 08:44:17 AM »

Well, of course the crazy neocons would like to start World War 3.

Do you honestly expect Israel to stand back and allow Hezbollah to launch rocket attacks and incursions into her sovereign territory?

Surprising as it may seem, seldom, if at all, have Israel been the aggressor since its inception as a sovereign state in 1948

Dave

Quit acting as if only Hezbollah has been to blame. What Hezbollah did was retalaition for something else. It's this kind of insane thinking that started World War I. Why are you chickenhawks not in Iraq?

And before you claim that those of us against starting random wars are against fighting a war that needs to be fought, I remind you that FDR said "war is hell".

Oh, I'm not acting, far from it. In fact, I'm being serious

Of course, war is hell and its time Jews, Christians and Muslims co-existed with mutual respect and tolerance for each other within the parameters of a fully functioning liberal democratic system of government

Unfortunately, Islamic terrorist groups don't want a bar of that and seek to impose their 'objectives' through heinous acts of terror

Peace has long been an object of Israel and her leaders, even when Arab-Israeli relations were at their worst. The late Israeli Prime Minister, Golda Meir, once said " I am convinced, honestly sincerely believe that my grandchildren will live in an area of peace in the Middle East because their are other grandmothers in Egypt, and in Syria, and in Jordan that have grandchildren and they also want them to live, irrespective of what Nasser thinks or Hussein thinks, the grandmothers and the mothers want their children to live

Granted Nasser and Hussein are no more, but were Golda Meir alive today, she'd be saying exactly the same thing but with referene to Hamas and Hizbollah

On the other hand, all you get from Hamas and Hizbollah is pure hatred and bile in their rhetoric directed at Israel and her people. Thst said, I'm sure Israel does have her extremists but, unlike Hamas and Hizbollah, they are well removed from the mainstream

Dave
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies