Public Policy Polling: NC-11 Shuler (D) 47%, Taylor (R) 43%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 08:41:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Public Policy Polling: NC-11 Shuler (D) 47%, Taylor (R) 43%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Policy Polling: NC-11 Shuler (D) 47%, Taylor (R) 43%  (Read 1310 times)
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 14, 2006, 03:34:58 AM »

Raleigh, N.C. - According to a Public Policy Polling survey released today, likely voters in North Carolina's Eleventh Congressional District give an edge to Democratic challenger Heath Shuler over incumbent Republican Charles Taylor in their race for Congress.  Shuler leads 47% to 43% without leaners and 51% to 45% with leaners.

The 4-point lead shows little change from an earlier Public Policy Polling survey taken in May in which Shuler led Taylor 46% to 42%.

In addition to the race for Congress, 11th District voters are wary of the leadership of President Bush.  Only 42% of respondents think the country should continue in the direction President Bush is headed, while 55% think the country should go in a significantly different direction.  Similarly, only 40% think President Bush has a plan for victory in Iraq, whereas 56% do not think the President has a plan.

"Disaffection with the President is really helping Shuler particularly among independent voters who favo(u)r Shuler 64% to 31%," said Dean Debnam, President of Public Policy Polling.

11th District voters view the War on Terror more favo(u)rably.  Fifty-eight percent think it is going well, while 40% do not.  And they are split on which party they trust to cope with the main problems are country will face in the next few years.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/web_PPP_Survey_071106.pdf
MissCatholic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 07:36:13 AM »

Its interesting that Tom Delay is attacking all the democrats that seem to be doing well when hes telling the trolls on fox news that these candidates are imploding. Fair and balanced..
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 11:29:58 AM »

As I think I commented the last time PPP released a poll of this race, remember that PPP has historically been a Democrat pollster.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 09:25:20 AM »

shuler may pull it out.

the smokies are much more democrat-inclined than the rest of appalacha.
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 01:06:33 PM »

Good for Heath!  He didn't cut it playing QB for the
'Skins, but he may become a congressman.  I didn't realize he was in a close race right now.  Hopefully he'll continue to lead.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 05:55:31 PM »

I called this for Shuler months ago.  I'm glad he is winning cause Taylor sucks but I'm not sure he is qualified for the job. =(
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies