Lake Research: MT Sen. Tester (D) 43%, Burns (R) 42%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:03:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Lake Research: MT Sen. Tester (D) 43%, Burns (R) 42%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lake Research: MT Sen. Tester (D) 43%, Burns (R) 42%  (Read 1190 times)
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 14, 2006, 03:23:22 AM »

A Lake Research poll taken 6/20-6/26 for state Senate Pres. Jon Tester (D) shows him in a statistical tie with Sen. Conrad Burns (R), leading him 43%-42%, with 3% for the Libertarian and 12% undecided. That's a pretty good place for a Senate challenger to be only 4 months out from election day, though GOPers might note that Tester has actually held slightly larger leads in previous public polls. The Lake poll has quite a large sample size (1200 LVs, +/-2.8% MoE) and shows Burns with a fav/unfav of 46%/50% compared to Tester's 48%/18%.

http://hotlineblog.nationaljournal.com/archives/2006/07/big_sky_tie.html
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 07:19:40 AM »

I know we've seen Lake Research poll before, but I do not remember how they did.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 10:34:45 AM »

I think this is where the race is at not where Rasmussen says it is.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 11:27:46 AM »

As I remember, Lake Research is part of the usually-associated-with-Democrats polling firm Lake, Snell and Perry and pollster Celinda Lake, who does the Battleground poll with Republican pollster Ed Goaes.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 02:15:01 PM »

As I remember, Lake Research is part of the usually-associated-with-Democrats polling firm Lake, Snell and Perry and pollster Celinda Lake, who does the Battleground poll with Republican pollster Ed Goaes.

Correct.  They had a bad 2004 when they split with the Tarrance Group over the final Battleground poll.  Tarrance suggested a somewhat even split in the undecideds, which was proven correct, while Lake put 90% of the undecided vote for Kerry. In the end, Tarrance won in getting the official Battleground poll to be what they wanted.  Lake put out a separate interpretation of the poll predicting a Kerry victory.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies