2024 Third Party and Independent Candidate General discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 03:26:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  2024 Third Party and Independent Candidate General discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54]
Author Topic: 2024 Third Party and Independent Candidate General discussion  (Read 53378 times)
Redban

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: May 13, 2024, 07:13:30 PM »

Yes - Various news outlets had reported that he had the signatures for Texas. But his campaign has finally announced it themselves .

It’s fair to presume that a lot of signatures will get thrown out during verification. But he has over 245k when the requirement was just a little over 113k. He has such a large cushion that he probably will make it even after signatures get tossed

https://www.kennedy24.com/kennedy_shanahan_ballot_access_texas

Kennedy, Shanahan Turn in 245,572 Signatures in Historic Ballot Access Victory in Texas
Redban

« Reply #1326 on: May 16, 2024, 01:28:14 PM »

Shanahan pumps $8 million of her own money into RFK Jr’s campaign. They say their ballot access push is now fully funded

But RFK Jr’s critics will have a field day. He just gave evidence to support the claim that he picked Shanahan for her money

https://www.kennedy24.com/kennedy_ballot_access_fully_funded
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1327 on: May 16, 2024, 03:34:54 PM »

Shanahan pumps $8 million of her own money into RFK Jr’s campaign. They say their ballot access push is now fully funded

But RFK Jr’s critics will have a field day. He just gave evidence to support the claim that he picked Shanahan for her money

https://www.kennedy24.com/kennedy_ballot_access_fully_funded

Was there ever any real doubt about that?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1328 on: May 20, 2024, 01:20:29 PM »

AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

« Reply #1329 on: May 20, 2024, 01:52:34 PM »

Parody account or state Constitution Party chapter going rogue for votes? Who knows!

Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #1330 on: May 20, 2024, 02:15:02 PM »

The guy claiming this is a Biden patronage hack. This is no different than if Jen Psaki logged on and claimed the same thing.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #1331 on: May 20, 2024, 06:47:11 PM »

The guy claiming this is a Biden patronage hack. This is no different than if Jen Psaki logged on and claimed the same thing.
Well tbf I had a very similar experience at my school with a no labels signature gatherer, he asked me if I id sign a petiton to destroy the two party system. I said destroy it how? and he said get a independent ticket on the ballot, and I asked which independent ticket and he explained it was for a republican democrat unity ticket to get on the ballot and I asked if it was for no labels and initially he said no and then I asked for the clipboard and pointed out it said for no labels on the sheet. I refused to sign because of how many union busting companies were backing no labels and he said he doesn't support them but was just doing it for the money. No wonder they failed to get the signatures gathered here lol.

My point is signature gathering has become a business, and honestly, his story doesnt seem totally out of the realm of possibility lol.  People do it to make money now, not because of if they really support a candidate or not, most states just require so many signatures now its a inevitablity of this system
Compuzled_One
United States
« Reply #1332 on: May 22, 2024, 12:18:54 PM »

I gotta ask, why is Kennedy polling so well in Tennessee? He's consistently been hitting the teens there.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1333 on: May 22, 2024, 02:53:44 PM »

No tweet for Stein for some reason (Unless I missed it, which is possible, but I did google search as a backup) but her numbers are here: https://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/forms/C00856112/1785327/#SUMMARY

Stein:

Cash on Hand beginning of period: 68469.15
Total receipts: 145193.24
Total Disbursements: 112237.48
Cash on Hand end of period: 101424.91
Debts: 0

Starting next month I'll be posting the Libertarian nominee every month as well.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #1334 on: May 22, 2024, 03:19:45 PM »

The NYT pseudo hit piece on RFK running mate Shanahan is pretty funny. I like how they outright can’t get anyone on the record to say that she’s nuts so they just give us context clues — like how they suggest that she threatens to harm herself every time after she gets caught cheating with a new rich dude. Lol. What a mental case. She and RFK sound like two completely unstable and unserious people.
MichaelM24
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1335 on: May 22, 2024, 04:18:05 PM »

Starting next month I'll be posting the Libertarian nominee every month as well.

Speaking of which, any guess as to who the Libertarians are going with? I have no ears on the ground as far as Libertarian preferences go.
Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #1336 on: May 22, 2024, 04:48:14 PM »

Speaking of which, any guess as to who the Libertarians are going with? I have no ears on the ground as far as Libertarian preferences go.

If Mises have their way, Rectenwald. Otherwise I'd say Mapstead or Oliver.

Reading the Mises strategy document for the Convention, they hint at their caucus not being fully lined up behind Rectenwald as they are so sure in what they say about most things but not the case of his candidacy, but they still endorse him as their candidate. I wonder if that's to allow the potential of a candidate that's not theirs win, he flops in the general, and then they can claim that they don't own it. Because I think Rectenwald flops as well, but if Oliver flops, they can point to that as rejection of that wing of the party.

Mises' main goal is control of the party, not who the presidential candidate is.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1337 on: May 22, 2024, 05:09:39 PM »

What led to Hornberger falling out of grace with the Mises Caucus since he was the Mises candidate in 2020?
Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #1338 on: May 22, 2024, 06:23:22 PM »

What led to Hornberger falling out of grace with the Mises Caucus since he was the Mises candidate in 2020?

Best I can give you is this Twitter thread from Hornberger from last October.

https://x.com/JacobforLiberty/status/1711917915346198945
AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

« Reply #1339 on: May 22, 2024, 07:02:58 PM »

I gotta ask, why is Kennedy polling so well in Tennessee? He's consistently been hitting the teens there.

The ghost of Al Gore
Harlow

« Reply #1340 on: May 22, 2024, 07:24:48 PM »

Reading the Mises strategy document for the Convention, they hint at their caucus not being fully lined up behind Rectenwald as they are so sure in what they say about most things but not the case of his candidacy, but they still endorse him as their candidate. I wonder if that's to allow the potential of a candidate that's not theirs win, he flops in the general, and then they can claim that they don't own it. Because I think Rectenwald flops as well, but if Oliver flops, they can point to that as rejection of that wing of the party.

Mises' main goal is control of the party, not who the presidential candidate is.

What is the threshold for a Libertarian candidate "flopping" this time around? Finishing behind the Green Party?
Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #1341 on: May 22, 2024, 09:56:37 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2024, 10:05:56 PM by Open Source Intelligence »

What is the threshold for a Libertarian candidate "flopping" this time around? Finishing behind the Green Party?

Probably back to pre-2012 levels, although Mises in their takeover literature considered Jo Jorgensen an example of the party’s failure. So if Michael Rectenwald becomes nominee and gets half the percentage what do they say?

One point is the general electorate really hate this election. Back in 2016 that resulted in high vote shares relatively for all third parties. That should benefit the nominee. At the same time, RFK Jr. should like Perot in '92 decrease the vote of all other options. Andre Marrou is widely considered a poor nominee, but his votes were obviously curtailed by Perot.
Oppo

« Reply #1342 on: Today at 11:13:49 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies