beasley vs. demint, sc runoff (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:36:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  beasley vs. demint, sc runoff (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: beasley vs. demint, sc runoff  (Read 10878 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: June 17, 2004, 06:44:46 PM »

DeMint is conservative and I hope he wins. However, in a recent SC Senate poll it showed Moderates prefer DeMint while conservatives want Beasley.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 10:07:14 PM »

I agree. Inez Tenenbaum (the Democrat running) is being praised by the D's. They really think she's going to keep the seat. The Republican (whether its Beasley or DeMint) won't "crush" her but I think it'll be a pretty comfortable win for the GOP. SC - GOP pickup!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2004, 09:54:09 AM »

I dont' think Beasley is going to win the nomination. Condon and Ravenel both made public endorsements for DeMint so I'm guessing that most of their supporters with vote for him.

In NC, I'm glad to see that the GOP is united for Burr. All these people saying that Bowles will hold the seat for the Dems is wishful thinking on their part. NC is going GOP.

As for the NC Governor's race, there are 6 Republicans running.  It seems like Ballantine is the most conservative and has the best shot at winning. Unfortunatley, though, for us Republicans, I think the Dems hold this seat.

WalterMitty, why are you going to vote for Easley?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2004, 10:13:03 AM »

I agree with all the GOP pickups you have listed there but I'm not so sure about Lousiana. Three Democrats running will split that vote up nicely (mainly between Kennedy and John) but I don't know if Vitter (R) will get enough to prevent the run-off.  I also agree with you about Tenenbaum.

Most of this is just wishful thinking on the part of the Dems. They know we have some great chances at pickups down south and have a hard time admitting it. I remember hearing someone say that the Dems still have a chance in Georgia. How can someone keep a straight face saying that?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2004, 11:39:34 AM »

I thought it was pretty much a Vinroot/Ballantine race. But since Vinroot ran twice before and lost (though 2000 was pretty close) I thought maybe the frontrunner be someone new.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2004, 10:51:41 PM »

But do you see NC giving the Governorship to a Republican?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 11:08:21 AM »

Hey, this Beasely/DeMint runoff is tomorrow. Anyone with predictions? I think DeMint will win it, not by much but he'll win. I'll say....Demint 53%   Beasely - 47%
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2004, 12:08:10 PM »

Wow now that's a close race. From that poll there seems to be a good amount of undecided voters still. I say they will end up voting DeMint.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 09:56:10 PM »

Well Boss Tweed called for a 6-8% win for Beasley. I didn't think Beasely would win but I didn't expect DeMint to do that well! SC - GOP pickup!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies