Why Joe Lieberman must be defeated (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:54:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Why Joe Lieberman must be defeated (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why Joe Lieberman must be defeated  (Read 9712 times)
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« on: July 25, 2006, 12:41:00 AM »

Actually, it's much simpler than that. Joe Lieberman goes out of his way to go on national TV and criticize other Democrats. He sucks up to the Bush whenever he can. He's a media whore. He undermines the party whenever he gets the chance.

Neither Ben Nelson or Mark Pryor criticize their party. They make our party stronger. Joe Lieberman makes the party weaker.

I wish people would understand this. It's really not a hard concept.

Well, hard concept or not, I sure as hell don't understand why Connecticut Democrats would want to reject an experienced voice in the Senate for a single-issue candidate whose only political job was on the New Haven town counsel.  I also don't understand why these voters would want to send a message to voters across the country that the Democratic Party is controlled by radicals, not pragmatists. 

Look, I believed Iraq was a mistake from the start.  But we're there now, we're stuck until we can hand off control of the country to the new Iraqi government.  Pulling out immediately would be a waste of hundreds of billions of dollars, not to mention hundereds of American lives.  We will have accomplished nothing.  The best alternative is to develop a short-term timeline to exit Iraq.  I believe Lieberman supports this idea, albeit his idea of a "timeline" may be slightly longer than most Democrats would prefer. 

I truly hope that Connecticut voters don't vote this man out of office.  He is not a crazed "war-monger".  Hell, aside from this ONE issue, he agrees with the liberal wing of the Democratic Party on a variety of things (e.g. pro-abortion, pro-stem cell research, pro-gun control).  This sends a disturbing message to potential Democratic voters and isolates others.  The fact that our party won't tolerate someone who so much as disagrees with liberals on ONE issue signifies that perhaps we are not the all-inclusive big tent that many would consider us to be.

Great post, Virginian.  I agree 100%.

It also seems foolish that Democrats/liberals are wasting so much money on this race-no matter who wins the primary:  a Democrat or Democrat caucusing Independent will be in DC.  (Sorry htmldon) but Allan Schesslinger is not going to win this race no matter what.  All of this money/time that's being given to Lamont would be much better spent on tossups seats that will help the Democrats achieve a majority in the Senate (PA, OH, MO, RI, TN, MT, MD, NJ, MN, etc.).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies