UK Local Elections / European Parliamentary Elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:55:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK Local Elections / European Parliamentary Elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK Local Elections / European Parliamentary Elections  (Read 24149 times)
Umengus
Belgium

« on: June 11, 2004, 08:06:15 AM »
« edited: June 11, 2004, 08:12:23 AM by Umengus »

God... local politics... I g hate the way that g local politics is done over here...

As far as the results go these are LOCAL elections folks, LOCAL here that? LOCAL... they offer no guide to the next general election (or national trends).
The BBC's reporting has been dire. Absolutely dire. Almost biased.
They do that WORTHLESS poll thingy ("who won the most votes in total in the LOCAL ELECTIONS") and are using it to claim that this is Labour's worst result in living memory.
Bullsh**t.
Back in the late '60's (when we had a sane local government system) the Tories controlled just about every council in the country... and in the late '70's the Tories swept the board again.
I repeat again: these are LOCAL ELECTIONS they will have utterly no effect on the General Election and any idiotic reporter that says so should be shot.
---
BTW I'm happy that local gun-nut far right Tory Albie Fox (who none of you will of heard of) went down in Shrewsbury. This is what local politics should be about.
Tell the national media to f**ck off will ya?

Sorry Al but I don't agree. Some people vote at local with national reasons. it's maybe bad but it's the case...

"Government ministers and analysts agreed the Iraq war and violence since had taken its toll, with election returns raising new doubts about Blair's future as British PM in his seventh year in power." I'm not alone to think that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies