Senate Elections - 2004
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:13:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Senate Elections - 2004
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]
Author Topic: Senate Elections - 2004  (Read 110177 times)
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: March 31, 2004, 12:03:44 AM »

She probably will.
And now that the Dems will have a Black candidate too, I'm rooting for Herman Cain to win the Republican nomination!

I think it would be great for the country and for the South if Cain was the nominee, but Isakson has a huge lead in the polls right now.  He's got about 50% to 15-20% each for Cain and Mac Collins.
Rococo4

« Reply #251 on: March 31, 2004, 12:40:02 AM »

Interesting development... the Dems do have an outside chance to pick up hold another Senate seat Smiley

BTW Rococo there *are* quite a few strong Dems in GA, but most are waiting to challenge hapless GOP Governer Sonny Perdue in 2006...

i am a registered Ohio voter but I go to college here in GA.  there is no chance that Majette would beat Cain, Isaksson, or Collins.  The only reason Perdue would lose in 06 is because of the flag issue, and he very well may, just like the hapless Roy Barnes did.  I also disagree that there are alot of strong candidates in the Democartic party here.  

also remember majette beat Mckinney with alot of Republican crossover votes against mckinney.  majette the candiate didnt have much support for her, it was just anti mckinney voting
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #252 on: March 31, 2004, 01:34:49 AM »

She probably will.
And now that the Dems will have a Black candidate too, I'm rooting for Herman Cain to win the Republican nomination!

I think it would be great for the country and for the South if Cain was the nominee, but Isakson has a huge lead in the polls right now.  He's got about 50% to 15-20% each for Cain and Mac Collins.
It's a two-round primary. 20th July (my mom's birthday) and 10th August.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #253 on: April 02, 2004, 12:37:08 AM »

But the real news is that this means Cynthia McKinney could be back in Congress!

Please don't say that. Cynthia McKinney is one of those leftist nuts who symbolizes everything I despise about the left, and none of the things I like about it. She's a friggin' disgrace to her country, her party, and the entire American liberal cause. Not to mention her super hard-left foreign policy stances. Angry

Why, Denise, why? I was ecstatic when McKinney went down, and even happier when her old man was kicked out of the Georgia Legislature soon after... Grin

Here's hoping someone will beat her in the primary...Republicans, do everyone a favor and crossover to beat her again, OK?
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #254 on: February 12, 2021, 11:52:34 PM »

Barak Obama?  What sort of ethnic background?  I'm guessing Arab, possibly Muslim?

He is a Muslim afro american

And he's seriously ahead in the primary?!  We might have a chance at keeping Fitzgerald's seat after all.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA(sorry but I just burst out laughing IRL when I read this) so felt compelled to necro it.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #255 on: February 13, 2021, 03:45:26 AM »
« Edited: February 13, 2021, 03:50:21 AM by Calthrina950 »

Barak Obama?  What sort of ethnic background?  I'm guessing Arab, possibly Muslim?

He is a Muslim afro american

And he's seriously ahead in the primary?!  We might have a chance at keeping Fitzgerald's seat after all.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA(sorry but I just burst out laughing IRL when I read this) so felt compelled to necro it.

I made note of an obscure reference to Obama that I found in a 1994 history book I own a few months ago-in fact, you recommended that post, so you're aware of what I'm alluding to. But it is hilarious to read this. Interestingly enough, the ex-Senator who was defeated by Fitzgerald in 1998, Carol Moseley-Braun, launched an ill-fated and short-lived presidential bid in 2003, in the same election cycle that Obama won back her seat for the Democrats. She was one of two black candidates to run in the Democratic primaries that year-Al Sharpton being the other.

And Obama's Senatorial opponent, Alan Keyes, himself ran for the Republican presidential nomination three times-in 1996, 2000, and 2008. And of course, IL-02 was represented at the time by Jesse Jackson, Jr., son of civil rights "activist" and two-time Democratic presidential candidate Jesse Jackson. Jackson Jr. was thought to be potential presidential material himself back in 2004. That was before he was disgraced by scandal and forced to resign from his seat.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies