Feb 3rd Primaries: How will they play? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:06:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Feb 3rd Primaries: How will they play? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Feb 3rd Primaries: How will they play?  (Read 4862 times)
mossy
Rookie

« on: January 20, 2004, 01:13:59 AM »

Looking at the primaries held on Feb. 3rd, these could be the most interesting ones of all.

Arizona
Delaware
Missouri
New Mexico
North Dakota
Oklahoma
South Carolina

Depending on how it goes in Arizona, I have it currently in the Blue column.........but after tonight's surprising Iowa caucus, I'm going to change my map and should Clark get the nomination, I think he'll win Arizona by 2% points.

Another one that should go to Bush is S.C......and if the primary goes to Edwards, it will probably stay in the Blue.   But should it go to Clark, Bush better start worrying......
mossy
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 01:43:24 AM »

I don't know about Clark worrying Bush so much. Are you talking about how the states holding primary elections in two weeks will vote in the general, or how they will vote in the primary?

Clark is the only one that has Bush scared.

It depends how one interpets the Iowa caucus--if one  can--Kerry getting it was a complete surprise to me.

If Iowans selected Kerry instead of Gearhart (favorite son type) or Dean (firebrand), as more on the basis if of beating Bush, rather that who they liked, it could mean that the other states may pick the best anti-Bush dem....... rather than who they "like"......
mossy
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 02:49:08 AM »

My sense was Edwards, Sharpton, Braun, Kucin., were in the race for dual purposes: to pay their dues in developing name recognition for future races and/or possible VP to demonstrate their ability to campaign, get some votes, and staying in to try to help the party educate the public on the issues.   I saw Edwards as a natural for a future run for the Presidency, but he's making a strong showing in the polls, etc....he's a viable candidate in this race, and not just a pretty face.

Hearing Kerry speak tonight was an eye-opener--I liked what I heard, especially the phrasing on special int. groups holding hostage, the right wing going after civil liberties.....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies