Rasmussen: Kyl(R) still in command over Pederson(D) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:49:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Rasmussen: Kyl(R) still in command over Pederson(D) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen: Kyl(R) still in command over Pederson(D)  (Read 2885 times)
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« on: August 02, 2006, 08:55:47 AM »

Once again I believe that if this race had the potential to become competetive, it would have become so by now.  Pederson is not the best candidate and as I stated before, most Arizonans seem moderately satisfied by Kyl's record in the Senate.  I have to admit, from a constituiency point of view, it would be obviously be better to re-elect Kyl who has already been in the Senate for 12 years and established a record of accomplishments and serves on a number of committees.  Pederson, a party hack, does not have the same appeal legislatively. 

I wonder if the lack of closeness in the race is actually, strangely because the DNC has not funded it or taken an active part in the campaign.  Pederson's touted advantage was that he was a self-fundraiser who could make it competetive on his own because he knew the territory.  However, perhaps the lack of DSCC attention, funding and ads and visits means that the Pederson campaign is floundering.  Just a thought.  I suppose in the end Pederson will be lifted by Napolitano's almost certain landslide in the gubernatorial race.  He should really finish at about the same margin John Kerry did in 2004, around 44%-45% of the vote.

Finally, sorry to be picky but its Kyl.

Sorry, but the truth is the Kyl is widely respected across the spectrum in Arizona.

Heck, the Democrats didn't even bother to run a candidate against him six years ago.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 02:43:46 PM »

I am waiting for a Univ of Arizona State poll comes out, and we will see how competetive this race is.

The Crank poll is one of the most inaccurate in the state.

It consistently overstates Democrats by about 8 - 10 points.

If you look at the internals, they are consistently way off.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 02:47:19 PM »

Once again I believe that if this race had the potential to become competetive, it would have become so by now.  Pederson is not the best candidate and as I stated before, most Arizonans seem moderately satisfied by Kyl's record in the Senate.  I have to admit, from a constituiency point of view, it would be obviously be better to re-elect Kyl who has already been in the Senate for 12 years and established a record of accomplishments and serves on a number of committees.  Pederson, a party hack, does not have the same appeal legislatively. 

I wonder if the lack of closeness in the race is actually, strangely because the DNC has not funded it or taken an active part in the campaign.  Pederson's touted advantage was that he was a self-fundraiser who could make it competetive on his own because he knew the territory.  However, perhaps the lack of DSCC attention, funding and ads and visits means that the Pederson campaign is floundering.  Just a thought.  I suppose in the end Pederson will be lifted by Napolitano's almost certain landslide in the gubernatorial race.  He should really finish at about the same margin John Kerry did in 2004, around 44%-45% of the vote.

Finally, sorry to be picky but its Kyl.

Sorry, but the truth is the Kyl is widely respected across the spectrum in Arizona.

Heck, the Democrats didn't even bother to run a candidate against him six years ago.

Did you actually read my post?

Yes!

Kyl is very popular in the state.

He'll do better than Bush did in 04.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies