Harry Potter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:25:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Harry Potter
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Harry Potter  (Read 6483 times)
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2004, 04:43:38 PM »

I just got back from seeing the third movie.  I found it very choppy.  Ok movie, not the best.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2004, 05:17:46 PM »

It's good that kids are reading now, but I've seen ADULT who say that this is all they read. And this is also the case for too many kids.

If anything, it's a message that we aren't pushing kids to read stuff besides harry potter enough, and aren't making them read good literature.

Heck, I'd read Hemingway over Potter anyday, and I don't like Hemingway that much.

My wife reads over 10 books a month. I read at least three. She can read a book in day if she wants. She like I were raised to read since we were little.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2004, 05:20:50 PM »

It's good that kids are reading now, but I've seen ADULT who say that this is all they read. And this is also the case for too many kids.

If anything, it's a message that we aren't pushing kids to read stuff besides harry potter enough, and aren't making them read good literature.

Heck, I'd read Hemingway over Potter anyday, and I don't like Hemingway that much.

My wife reads over 10 books a month. I read at least three. She can read a book in day if she wants. She like I were raised to read since we were little.

How long a book are we talking about when we say a day? I can read books of up to say at least 600 pages in a day.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2004, 05:44:18 PM »

How long a book are we talking about when we say a day? I can read books of up to say at least 600 pages in a day.

About 300 pages, and usually it only takes half a day for her. I'm not that good. She speaks fluent german and took college level classes all through highschool. Smiley
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2004, 05:45:46 PM »

About 300 pages, and usually it only takes half a day for her. I'm not that good. She speaks fluent german and took college level classes all through highschool. Smiley

Impressive. I cannot speak any language other than English fluently but am reasonably proficient in French and Latin. My sister on the other hand is trilingual, English, French and German and she knows a reasonable amount of latin also I believe.

I am trying to decide which language her baby will learn first when he/she is born as she is English, her husband is French and they live in Germany.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2004, 05:46:41 PM »

Impressive. I cannot speak any language other than English fluently but am reasonably proficient in French and Latin. My sister on the other hand is trilingual, English, French and German and she knows a reasonable amount of latin also I believe.

I am trying to decide which language her baby will learn first when he/she is born as she is English, her husband is French and they live in Germany.

Swedish Smiley lol
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies