Media effects on campaign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:38:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Media effects on campaign
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Media effects on campaign  (Read 1005 times)
Esteban Manuel
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 12, 2004, 08:10:19 PM »

I write this because i need some help. I'm doing an essay in wich i relate the rethoric presidential campaigns (00 and 04 specially) to social clivages and independet/undecided voters (wich are a grey-area).

The media (specially newspapers and tv) are used to carring-out the message in wich i can study the rethoric.

Wich in your opinion is the function of media in the campaign and wich are the most representatives newspapers (i can't use t.v., there's no records)  to see the messages?

Your comments will help me to do a better job (and thus be happier) Thanks
zachman

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 09:11:39 PM »

There are two types of media: the smart media, and the dumb media. The smart media includes Sunday morning talk shows, round table shows, news analysis shows, and the nightly network news. The "Week in Review" sections in major newspapers would be considered smart media. The smart media brands a story, which may get picked up the dumb media. The dumb media includes Good Morning America and the like, Entertainment Tonight, People Magazine and other tabloids. The dumb media politically tends only to go as far as teaching political slogans, while the smart media follows up on them, and explains things in depth. That's my two cents.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies