Will Phil finally meet Santorum?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:34:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Will Phil finally meet Santorum?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Will I get the honor today?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Will Phil finally meet Santorum?  (Read 3055 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 20, 2006, 09:56:30 AM »

So will I finally get to meet Santorum (at the Philadelphia GOP clam bake) or will some sad turn of events occur just to disappoint me?

Also, feel free to add my reaction if I do meet America's best Senator.  Tongue
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 10:25:03 AM »

No.  Like Moses and the Promised Land, Phil will not be able to meet Santorum.  This will be because Santorum will at the last second decide to instead visit his "home" in Pittsburgh when he learns that President Bush will make an unannounced appearance at the Philly GOP clam bake.
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 10:27:21 AM »

I'm sure you'll meet the guy, but you'll probably be too nervous to say anything.  Either that, you'll faint, or you'll crap your pants as soon as he shakes your hand.

Have a good time at the clam bake, though.  Be careful what you eat.  You wouldn't want to throw up on the senator.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 10:31:34 AM »

You should meet him but don't get too nervous or you won't be able to again! Grin
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 11:49:16 AM »

So will I finally get to meet Santorum (at the Philadelphia GOP clam bake) or will some sad turn of events occur just to disappoint me?

You sock him in the face.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 12:24:56 PM »

That would be the correct response.

I know when I met a bunch of high level New York Dems (Clinton and Schumer included) I was icnredibly nervous and nearly died.  I was only 11 though, probbaly would be more calm now.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 12:26:27 PM »

I know when I met a bunch of high level New York Dems (Clinton and Schumer included) I was icnredibly nervous and nearly died.  I was only 11 though, probbaly would be more calm now.
Why? Except for your height you still look 11, so why should things have changed?
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 12:29:39 PM »

I know when I met a bunch of high level New York Dems (Clinton and Schumer included) I was incredibly nervous and nearly died.  I was only 11 though, probbaly would be more calm now.
Why? Except for your height you still look 11, so why should things have changed?

Hardy har har.  I meant mental maturity.  And I don't look 11. Sad
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 01:00:27 PM »

Either that, or you'll faint, crap your pants, or nut as soon as you shake his hand.

Corrected.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2006, 01:04:42 PM »

Get pictures!!!!
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2006, 01:05:44 PM »

Yes, and I can only hope you don't make an embarassment of yourself.  Tongue
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2006, 01:12:11 PM »

I´m sure you do. I also had the chance to meet our president Heinz Fischer twice. In 2000, when he wasn´t president yet, we were on a school trip to Vienna and we were visiting our parliament and he came over to us to explain it to us. And then a couple of years later when he visited our town.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2006, 01:21:13 PM »

Aim to meet him while he's still a Senator.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2006, 06:17:11 PM »

in that case, phil has until at least january of 2013
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2006, 06:19:12 PM »

Well, I just hope that your getting to meet him face-to-face goes batter than my meeting him face-to-face did.  Sad
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2006, 06:28:32 PM »

Well, I just hope that your getting to meet him face-to-face goes batter than my meeting him face-to-face did.  Sad

What happened?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2006, 07:09:16 PM »

in that case, phil has until at least january of 2013
Actually, the dumbass Dems will re-nominate Bob Casey 2012, 2016, and 2020. Tongue
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2006, 11:02:32 PM »

What happened?

I was supposed to be with him all day, but circumstances prevented it, and when I finally did get to talk to him, he was on the way out the door and into the car, and it was a brief hand shake and hello.  I got to stand beside him for a while, though.  ha

But I have met a lot of big name political people, so just standing beside him did not impress me in the least.  Gotta say, he is a good speaker, though.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2006, 11:07:09 PM »

P.S.  When I met Dick Gephardt, well, first off, he made tons of eye contact with me, I think because he saw that I was looking at him, the whole time, but I wasn't claping liek a mechanical chimp at everything he said... then I got to speak with him one on one for a couple of minutes after words.  Since I was in a Teamsters hall, I didn't reveal my true identity, but it was a decent talk.

I don't blame Santorum, cause he was really on the go, but it was still kinda disappointing.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2006, 11:12:21 PM »

Yes, I finally met him. He was the last candidate to arrive and, of course, it was a big deal. Swann came in with his big bus. He seems like a good guy but I don't know how serious the race is to him anymore. He is very personable. We saw the usual bunch of candidates but then came Santorum...

My friend noticed his SUV pull up. Santorum got out and made his way to the entrance. He met some people and made his way over to the reporter that my friend and I were standing with (It was Tom Waring, Flyers). The reporter redircted Santorum to my friend and me. He shook my friend's hand and my friend proceeded to tell him about the time he had the Senator on the phone with one of his friends. "This is that friend," he said to Santorum. He turned to me, shook my hand, I said the usual "great to meet you, it is an honor, best of luck" and then asked for and got a picture with him. Well, it turns out my eyes were closed so I met up with him before while he was walking out with his staff. I said I didn't want to be a pain by asking for another picture but he was fine with it. That one came out great and will post it as soon as it is available. It was a great experience. He is a really big guy, by the way.

Santorum was very energetic. You can tell that he is an amazing campaigner. He got up on stage, worked up the crowd (he easily had the best reception) and met with a great amount of people. The whole day he had a smile on his face. We are pumped for this race!
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2006, 11:14:31 PM »

Congratulations on finally meeting him!  He sounds a bit more personable and enthusiastic than Casey.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2006, 11:16:53 PM »

Congratulations on finally meeting him!  He sounds a bit more personable and enthusiastic than Casey.

He is Casey x1,000! He seems to relaxed when he is talking with people and you should have seen him on stage.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2006, 03:32:32 AM »

He is Casey x1,000! He seems to relaxed when he is talking with people and you should have seen him on stage.
Oh, I certainly believe that.

Btw - really big? I guess you just mean tall, seeing as people (normal-heighted people, anyhow) tend to look wider on tv than they really are?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2006, 10:29:59 AM »

Btw - really big? I guess you just mean tall, seeing as people (normal-heighted people, anyhow) tend to look wider on tv than they really are?

Yeah, he is a tall guy and has a big built.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2006, 12:56:09 PM »

Yeah, he is a tall guy and has a big built.

Now we know why his wife is always hot for more! HAHA Cranking out kids like crazy.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies