Will Phil finally meet Santorum? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:21:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Will Phil finally meet Santorum? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will I get the honor today?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Will Phil finally meet Santorum?  (Read 3108 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: August 20, 2006, 09:56:30 AM »

So will I finally get to meet Santorum (at the Philadelphia GOP clam bake) or will some sad turn of events occur just to disappoint me?

Also, feel free to add my reaction if I do meet America's best Senator.  Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 11:12:21 PM »

Yes, I finally met him. He was the last candidate to arrive and, of course, it was a big deal. Swann came in with his big bus. He seems like a good guy but I don't know how serious the race is to him anymore. He is very personable. We saw the usual bunch of candidates but then came Santorum...

My friend noticed his SUV pull up. Santorum got out and made his way to the entrance. He met some people and made his way over to the reporter that my friend and I were standing with (It was Tom Waring, Flyers). The reporter redircted Santorum to my friend and me. He shook my friend's hand and my friend proceeded to tell him about the time he had the Senator on the phone with one of his friends. "This is that friend," he said to Santorum. He turned to me, shook my hand, I said the usual "great to meet you, it is an honor, best of luck" and then asked for and got a picture with him. Well, it turns out my eyes were closed so I met up with him before while he was walking out with his staff. I said I didn't want to be a pain by asking for another picture but he was fine with it. That one came out great and will post it as soon as it is available. It was a great experience. He is a really big guy, by the way.

Santorum was very energetic. You can tell that he is an amazing campaigner. He got up on stage, worked up the crowd (he easily had the best reception) and met with a great amount of people. The whole day he had a smile on his face. We are pumped for this race!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 11:16:53 PM »

Congratulations on finally meeting him!  He sounds a bit more personable and enthusiastic than Casey.

He is Casey x1,000! He seems to relaxed when he is talking with people and you should have seen him on stage.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 10:29:59 AM »

Btw - really big? I guess you just mean tall, seeing as people (normal-heighted people, anyhow) tend to look wider on tv than they really are?

Yeah, he is a tall guy and has a big built.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 09:15:32 PM »

If it comes down to my vote making the difference... well, I'll think about it!

I would crawl all the way to your house to beg you to vote for Santorum if it ever came down to your vote deciding the election.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies