Survey USA: Macaca Impact?: Webb (D) Closes in on Allen (R) in Virgina (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:02:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Survey USA: Macaca Impact?: Webb (D) Closes in on Allen (R) in Virgina (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Survey USA: Macaca Impact?: Webb (D) Closes in on Allen (R) in Virgina  (Read 4082 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: August 21, 2006, 06:44:08 PM »

Ya, the whole money problem is er... a big problem.  Still trying to figure out why the Democrats are not helping him.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 09:20:48 PM »

Ya, the whole money problem is er... a big problem.  Still trying to figure out why the Democrats are not helping him.

Good god, they're barely helping any candidates yet. It's still August.

The DSCC will throw significant money Webb's way.

They have not indicated so yet, and they already have listed their early receipients of funds (which were posted here a couple of weeks ago). 

Webb's candidacy right now has third-tier funding.  He has an opportunity to turn this into a good race, imo, if he's able to hold the pressure on Allen through other attacks, but this requires funds.  If he doesn't, the effect of this story will slowly disappear in people's minds and Allen's great money advantage will take its toll.

Of course, maybe Nick is right and the internals are saying something different.  Otherwise, it makes no sense to wait.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 10:12:30 PM »

They have not indicated so yet, and they already have listed their early receipients of funds (which were posted here a couple of weeks ago). 

Webb is on the list of eight Democratic challengers that will receive money from the DSCC.

What type of money is he getting, because if he is, I have not heard about it yet.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 10:28:23 PM »

What type of money is he getting, because if he is, I have not heard about it yet.

Good lord man, you think they're going to announce an exact dollar amount?

I have no idea, but Webb was included as one of the eight challengers the DSCC was giving money to in a press release a few months ago.

They did with the other candidates during their first ad buy for the fall released earlier this month.  Webb was not on the list.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 11:25:40 PM »

Look, whether or not I have the figures or whether money will be spent or not is not important.  It will all come out when it has actually been done.  But in order for it to be done now, it would come out now, which is precisely my point that I made earlier.  That's all I have to say on the matter, frankly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies