Who do you THINK WILL WIN the Democratic Nomination?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:20:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Who do you THINK WILL WIN the Democratic Nomination?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Latest TradeSports transaction price in parentheses
Hillary Clinton (40.7)

Mark Warner (19.0)

Al Gore (14.3)

John Edwards (8.2)

Russ Feingold (3.4)

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 43

Author Topic: Who do you THINK WILL WIN the Democratic Nomination?  (Read 4235 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2006, 09:47:39 PM »

Feingold-#1
Edwards-#2
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2006, 01:54:01 AM »

I would love Feingold to get the nom he's my #4 choice right now - but I think the bosses won't have the cajones to nominate someone who could isolate voters.

I think if Gore runs it will be like Nixon in 1968 - my bet is Gore will either nominate early or very late... or not at all. The reasoning being

Early: The democrats need Unity - obviously the reasoning behind a very front-loaded primary season, if Gore nominates around August/September 2007 - then frankly I think many possible candidate will be very hesitant to enter the race against someone who will get the base incredibly energised.

Late: The primaries become brutal and bitching and squabbles continue on until there is no clear winner and there are about 3 candidates remaining in say... April. Gore is drafted and steps in as a unity candidate.

Not at all: The polls may not show good things. Gore will run if he thinks he can win the general election (since I think he knows he will get the dem nom if he really wants it) - but if he thinks the environment (the political one) is not right for him - he'll step out. But should the Dem win (why on EARTH is everyone assuming that the Reps will get the WH back? The political tide is turning - and the Dems better realise that the American people are rejecting the Bush platforms, and are looking for ALTERNATIVES - not the Republican-lites they have been since 9/11.) He'll get a very important position in the next Dem admin... look for Sec of State

An endorsement by Al Gore doesn't mean anything, just ask Howard Dean.

I give Gore a 45% chance of running.  I base that on he didn't run in 2004 because he didn't want to put the country through a sequel.  Now that Bush is leaving office, he might seize the opportunity again.  If he runs he will be a late entrance, like Wesley Clark in 2004, after he sees who he will be up against.  Plus, I think Gore is happy being a passionate orator.

If he does run and win in 2008, it would mean the 1992 and 2000 elections would have filtered its effects all the way through at least 2012 and maybe 2016.

One thing Gore has against him is the same thing Hillary has against her, its called the Bill effect.  Though, its more pronounced on Hillary, Gore is still known as Clinton's Vice President, partly why he ended up not winning the White House in 2000.  In November 2000, Bush, except for being the son of a former President, was fresh blood in Washington.  In 2008, America is going to want completely fresh blood and that means no Bushes, no Cheneys, no Clintons, and no Gores.

Frankly I think one of the reasons Gore lost was because he distanced himself from Clinton (not because he was linked too closely) he still had an approval rating in the 60s by the election - if he had Clinton out on his behalf in Arkanas and Tennessee I really think it would have been enough. Clinton himself reportedly said that he was hurt that Gore didn't want him there.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2006, 09:48:26 AM »

I hope Hillary.  She's a sure loser.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2006, 05:28:32 PM »

I think Gore will win the nomination... hopefully he has learned lessons from the 2000 election (which I say he won, I'm still a little bit bitter about that) and get into the white house. He would be an awesome pres, espeacially helping out standing in world relations.
Conan
conan

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2006, 12:56:01 AM »

Would you vote for Warner?

I think Warner would be an excellent candidate.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies