Democrats Only
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:52:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Democrats Only
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Suppose the party nominates either Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, or Russ Feingold as its presidential nominee in 2008.  How would you vote in the general election if either is nominated?
Vote Democratic, no matter who the nominee may be

Vote Republican, especially if McCain and Huckabee are nominated

Vote third party

Not vote at all

Not a Democrat

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Democrats Only  (Read 2681 times)
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2006, 04:50:55 AM »

*sigh* McCain isn't the unstoppable force of nature many Democrats fear him to be. In 2000, sure, he would have wiped the floor with Gore. But now he's rapidly aging and he's whoring for the Bush Admin to build a GOP primary base. I don't deny that he's a good candidate- better than anyone else the Republicans could serve up in '08- but he would not be a sure thing. Warner/Feingold would beat him, for one.

Oh, and any "Democrat" who would support him over Gore or Feingold really does not belong in the party. McCain is not a "moderate", he's not a "centrist", and he's not even much of an "independent thinker" anymore. He is a hard-edged conservative who happens to be a media darling because he used to be mildly critical of the GOP.
tulip
Rookie

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2006, 09:37:13 AM »

I will be voting Democrat in 2008. I don't have a problem with anyone on your list. My only electability concern would be Feingold. Not that I don't like him or appreciate his efforts. I just don't think he would garner the moderate votes running against a Republican moderate.  The majority of Americans lie in the middle some slightly left and some slightly right. Whoever garners their vote will win.

If the Republican party runs McCain or Guilianni we have to run a moderate to stay in the game. If they run someone like Frist & if we run a moderate it'll be an EZ win.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2006, 03:59:14 PM »

I'd vote for all three over any realistic GOP nominee, including McCain and Huckabee. Only if the Republicans nominated someone like Chafee, Snowe, or Specter would I consider going Republican.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And that's only for Hilary.  Otherwise I'd vote Dem.
Conan
conan

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2006, 12:54:31 AM »

Those would be great candidates. I like all of them and would vote for all of them.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies