If you had control of Gubernatorial race funding...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:42:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  If you had control of Gubernatorial race funding...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If you had control of Gubernatorial race funding...  (Read 1346 times)
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 17, 2006, 08:33:36 PM »

How would you fund candidates if you were in charge of a financing organization (DSCC/DPA or its Republican equivalents)?

1. MI
2. OR
3. CO
4. IA
5. MA
6. AR
7. PA
8. OH
9. ME
10. IL
11. RI
<gap>
12. NY
13. WI
<gap>
14. FL
15. MN
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 08:54:30 PM »

Pretty good list but ME and WI much higher.  MI is definetly where the money will be spent.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 10:47:15 PM »

Why would you fund New York?  I ahte the Spitzer is wasting important Democratic funds on ads.  He's going to easily get 2/3 of the vote, possibly more.
Deano963

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 11:21:17 PM »

Ohio should be #1 on everyone's list. The importance of the governor's race this year cannot be overstated given how big a role Ohio will play yet again the '08 Presidential race. Anyone who dosen't think that Bill Richardson's and Mitt Romney's #1 concern and therefore #1 recipient of money this year is Ohio is kidding themselves.
Deano963

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 11:24:51 PM »

Why would you fund New York?  I ahte the Spitzer is wasting important Democratic funds on ads.  He's going to easily get 2/3 of the vote, possibly more.

Ditto. He dosen't need a dime from the DGA. To rank NY above MN, FL and WI is insane. Spitzer will posssibly get 75% of the vote I think. Heck, he should be giving money to the DGA to help oout in other races, not reciving it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 11:45:22 PM »

Pennsylvania and Oregon are very close to becoming a possiblity for the GOP, also.

No, PA certainly is not. Where did you get that idea from?
Deano963

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 04:40:51 PM »

Ohio should be #1 on everyone's list. The importance of the governor's race this year cannot be overstated given how big a role Ohio will play yet again the '08 Presidential race. Anyone who dosen't think that Bill Richardson's and Mitt Romney's #1 concern and therefore #1 recipient of money this year is Ohio is kidding themselves.

Regardless of who wins in Ohio, it will still lean Republican.  The same cannot be said for Colorado.  Pennsylvania and Oregon are very close to becoming a possiblity for the GOP, also.

No it won't. Bush won Ohio by less than 2% in '04 and that was with the anti-gay marriage initiative on the ballot that supposedly increased turnout among conservatives by 4%, putting him over the top. There will be no gay marriage issue on the ballot again in '08. You're missing the point that both parties desperately want to control the governor's office during '08 Prez race and whichever does - other factors being equal - will have an advantage in the state over the other party. That is why both Strickland and Blackwell will receive more money from the DGA and RGA than any other challengers this cycle.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 04:58:48 PM »

Pennsylvania and Oregon are very close to becoming a possiblity for the GOP, also.

In the gubernatorial race this year? Certainly, although I'm expecting Kulongoski to win by some narrow margin.

For the presidency? Absolutely not. Bush couldn't even win in 2000, when Nader polled over 5 percent of the vote.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006, 01:54:58 AM »

People, I never said Pennsylvania and Oregon will be Republican states if they have Republican Governors, I said it may help them become closer to becoming possiblities.  As in Republicans could have a chance, like Democrats in Virginia.

Bush barely improved in Oregon.  It was his seventh-worst showing relative to 2000 (if you include D.C.).  He didn't even gain a percentage point.  That hardly suggests that Oregon is trending toward the Republicans federally, enough to be a swing state when it matters.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2006, 03:14:52 PM »

How would you fund candidates if you were in charge of a financing organization (DSCC/DPA or its Republican equivalents)?

1. MI
2. OR
3. CO
4. IA
5. MA
6. AR
7. PA
8. OH
9. ME
10. IL
11. RI
<gap>
12. NY
13. WI
<gap>
14. FL
15. MN

I somehow missed Maryland...  Hmmm...  Well, that goes up there pretty high.  Between Iowa and Massachusetts, I think.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies