The Bush-Is-an-Idiot Camp Grows (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:31:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Bush-Is-an-Idiot Camp Grows (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Bush-Is-an-Idiot Camp Grows  (Read 2622 times)
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« on: September 01, 2006, 09:57:17 AM »

Please show me besides his apparently stellar knowledge of baseball statistics (things he REALLY cares about) any evidence that Bush is smart.

Lets see...he's leader of the free world..and you're what? Some random poster on some non-descript political board.

I'll one up that.  He managed to achieve nearly his entire legislative agenda in his first term.  His success was to the point that he had little to campaign on for his second term.  He managed to go an entire term without the use of a single veto by using the threat of a veto judicously and some pragmatic compromise keeping his party on his side at a time when there were divisions forming in the party.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 10:13:12 AM »

Granted, I don't know all that much about how the White House works, but I'd think that giving Bush full credit for all of that is a little unreasonable, no?

Bush chooses his staff.  While a good portion of his legislatve success goes to Cheney and a couple of other people, Bush put the right people in the right places and was very active with Congress in his first term.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies