The Bush-Is-an-Idiot Camp Grows (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:28:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Bush-Is-an-Idiot Camp Grows (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Bush-Is-an-Idiot Camp Grows  (Read 2628 times)
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« on: August 30, 2006, 10:17:55 PM »

There is a sweet breeze in the wind.  The winds of change are blowing.  The sheeple are waking up, and the long national nightmare may be coming to an end, and sooner than you might think.  We may be due for an impeachemnt soon.  It has been ten years since the Rethuglicans tried to villify our President for getting his willy wet.  How much more serious are the crimes of this Pretzledent?  Answer: much!  Oh...and he's an idiot, as well.  Anyone who doesn't see this by now is probaly an idiot themselves.

http://www.tompaine.com/articles/2006/08/30/the_bushisanidiot_camp_grows.php

The Bush-Is-An-Idiot Camp Grows
David Corn
August 30, 2006

The other day I crossed paths with a conservative talk show host. We chatted about current events. He noted that he was quite pissed off at the neocons for suggesting that American blood should be spilled to benefit the Iraqis. Let the Iraqis take care of themselves, he huffed. I asked, “Are you in the Bush-is-an-idiot camp?”

This was a reference to a recent segment on Joe Scarborough’s MSNBC show during which Scarborough, a former Republican congressman from Florida, posed the question, “Is our president an idiot?”  After playing a montage of video clips showing Bush at his tongue-tied worst (“Fool me once, shame on you—fool me—you can’t get fooled again”), Scarborough said that an former close aide to President Bush had recently told him that Bush is “intellectually shallow and one of the most incurious public figures this man has ever met.” Scarborough claimed that Bush is “getting worse instead of better” and that when it comes to presidential stupidity Bush is “in a league by himself.” He added, “I don’t think he has the intellectual depth.”

My conservative interlocutor fidgeted, as he considered how to respond. After a moment or so, he said softly, “Well, he can be moronic.”

I have long thought it was not politically wise for Democrats to deride Bush as dumb. And I believed it was wrong to assume—as did many Bush-bashers—that W. was not intelligent. After all, he managed to become president—which is not an easy task (even if Karl Rove is your master strategist). He also managed, against the odds, to change the tax code to benefit folks like him. How stupid is that? But watching Bush grapple with the mess in Iraq—a problem entirely of his own making—it’s hard to sidestep the conclusion that his own, let’s say, information-processing abilities are profoundly affecting national security, and not for the better.

<...>

Yes, the world sees all Americans as idiots for electing this brainchild to represent us.  I am deeply embarrassed for my country.  I think that this is part of the reason that many Americans lie and introduce themselves as Canadian when they are abroad.  They are embarrassed of their citizenship, and with good reason, imho.

fb

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies