Get to Know Your Country NEW JERSEY! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:37:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Get to Know Your Country NEW JERSEY! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Get to Know Your Country NEW JERSEY!  (Read 14374 times)
CultureKing
United States

« on: May 20, 2007, 08:29:48 PM »

What is the point of NJ's existence? Suburbia for one state and extention of countryside for another....might as well be merged into NY and PA.

I for one wouldn't object to a division and annexation of New Jersey by New York and Pennsylvania.

Personally I think that is a pretty good idea. By the way here in Washington everyone seems to think that New Jersey is just an endless expanse of Suberbia, is this true?
Also to make your state better you could just add mountains it worked for us (and not little hills like the Appalachians, but real, meaty mountains like the Rockies, Cascades or Sierra Nevadas)
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 11:00:27 PM »

What is the point of NJ's existence? Suburbia for one state and extention of countryside for another....might as well be merged into NY and PA.

I for one wouldn't object to a division and annexation of New Jersey by New York and Pennsylvania.

Personally I think that is a pretty good idea. By the way here in Washington everyone seems to think that New Jersey is just an endless expanse of Suberbia, is this true?
Also to make your state better you could just add mountains it worked for us (and not little hills like the Appalachians, but real, meaty mountains like the Rockies, Cascades or Sierra Nevadas)
Yes we are just a continuous piece of suburbia. We do have the pine barrens which is huge and protected though. And there are also plenty of farms such as in the northeast and tons of cornfields throughout the state but according to the US Census, we are a big blob of suburbia.

Some mountains in North Carolina (Appalachian) are pretty huge.

well, Mount Mitchell is the tallest at 6,684 ft, not too bad. I cant really call it "huge" or a true mountain simply because you can nearly drive the entire way up the hill, also I like to think of it as a mountain only if it is a truly dramatic rise (like a 4,000 ft rise next to the sea could be a mountain but a 1000 ft rise on a 4,000 ft plateu doesnt quite cut it). I love one of the captions to one of the pictures: "Looking west from the parking lot atop the summit."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies