Get to Know Your Country NEW JERSEY! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:10:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Get to Know Your Country NEW JERSEY! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Get to Know Your Country NEW JERSEY!  (Read 14330 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: September 04, 2006, 05:20:50 PM »

(All of this New Jersey-flogging is in good fun.  I'm sure it's a very nice state, and I would definiely not mind a place like Bergen County. Tongue)

We only have Seattle?  We have a metropolitan area that stretches from north of Seattle down to south of Tacoma.  Several million people, and none of the crapholes New Jersey has.

Gay people are nice.

I live in Bergen, please let me know where this high gay areas are, because I am not familiar w/them.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 05:34:39 PM »

All I know is this, NJ is a nice place, I like being able to go to NYC and the ESPN Zone for lunch and home for dinner.  I like the fact that I live in a semi-quiet, until the Democrats took over a very suburban town.  I like that I can go down the shore, I have family in Point Pleasant, and be there in an hour.  I can also go out to the rural areas and farms in Sussex County and back soon.

Bottom line is this:
NJ is nice because I can go to the biggest city in the world (which as mentioned before in NJ it is just "the city", and everyone knows what you mean), down the shore, or out to farmland and all take only an hour.

If we start electing non-scumbugs, either Dem and Republican (Forrester, Menendez and Corzine 1,2,3), NJ will be a much nicer place to live.  Just let's hope Menendez's dream of making all of NJ Hudson County doesn't come true.

Conan, I do where exactly you are, but I'm in southern Bergen and we can already feel the effects of the Democrats trying to make everything rundown crime-ridden Hudson County.  I'd hesitate to vote Menendez unless you want to be killed, literally.  Hell, someone broke my cousin's car window w/a baseball bat last night, stuff like that never happened when the GOP was in control.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 08:13:47 AM »

Conan, I do where exactly you are, but I'm in southern Bergen and we can already feel the effects of the Democrats trying to make everything rundown crime-ridden Hudson County.  I'd hesitate to vote Menendez unless you want to be killed, literally.  Hell, someone broke my cousin's car window w/a baseball bat last night, stuff like that never happened when the GOP was in control.

North Bergen is Hudson, and that place scares me to death.  South Bergen county used to be a nice area, but now that the Dems are in control, they weren't before, they are making it more like Hudson County, and crime rates are increasing.  People are coming from North Bergen and Passaic and reaking havoc.  And five windows got smashed in one night, that's pretty bad, the cop said it was kids going crazy before school started.

Maybe it's not the Democrats fault as much as it Guilliani's.  He wiped crime out of the city, but it didn't disappear, it went to the suburbs.

When exactly were the Republicans ever in control of anything in that area?  And I don't think Menendez is very closely related to your cousin's car being broken into.  Besides, so what if it got broken into, it's not like everyone you know is having that happen to them every day.  AND I've never really considered southern Bergen one of the nicer areas of New Jersey anyway.
Depends from town to town in south Bergen. North Bergen is all the rich towns. Its still a nice place to live convenience wise and standard of living.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 08:25:26 AM »

What is the point of NJ's existence? Suburbia for one state and extention of countryside for another....might as well be merged into NY and PA.

Who could NJ get any worse government wise?  Merge with NY.  Although I guess they have a much better governor and better assembly
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 11:04:17 AM »

Do we have any real southern Jersey posters (meaning really south direction wise)?  I know Fezzy and Rin-chan are middle state, me and Verily are in Bergen County (NE) and Conan is out in Sussex (NW)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 08:41:38 PM »

What is the point of NJ's existence? Suburbia for one state and extention of countryside for another....might as well be merged into NY and PA.

I for one wouldn't object to a division and annexation of New Jersey by New York and Pennsylvania.

Plus move Bergen County to PA or its own state and then I will accept
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 09:09:32 PM »

I for one wouldn't object to a division and annexation of New Jersey by New York and Pennsylvania.

Plus move Bergen County to PA or its own state and then I will accept

Why would you want Bergen in PA?

B/c I don't want to live in NY, nice for visit not nice to live.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies