Democrats Push for Their Own Religious Voice (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:58:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Democrats Push for Their Own Religious Voice (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats Push for Their Own Religious Voice  (Read 2055 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 05, 2006, 05:47:32 PM »
« edited: September 05, 2006, 05:50:48 PM by jmfcst »

He said the site will give religious Democrats "the moral support and some language they can use."

You can’t fool people into believing you stand for Christian principles if you continuously:

1) mock Faith-Based Initiatives while forcing people, through taxes, to provide for the faceless poor (by faceless I mean poor people that you can’t witness their circumstances to ensure they’re not ripping you off)…instead of it being an act of charity.  Jesus never forced people to provide for the poor, rather he appealed to their hearts and left it up to the individual’s free will.  Also, the New Testament gives this rule “if a man is not willing to work, he will not eat”.

2) treat the unborn as parasites.

3) treat perversion as a respectable lifestyle.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 09:46:31 PM »

The Bible says "Blessed is the nation who's God is the Lord".

I liked your post, but I have to disagree with your use of that verse...here is whole verse:

Psa 33:12 "Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people he chose for his inheritance."

That is a reference to Israel, not the United States.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 11:10:39 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2006, 11:12:20 PM by jmfcst »

I believe the "chosen people" are Christians all over the world not just one country with political borders.  The Bible says even the physical country of Israel will be destroyed when the new earth is created (Rev 21).  Again, its not political borders that define who God's chosen people are, rather whether they have accepted and called on Christ.  However, I do believe that Israel will never be defeated.  Hezbollah, Iran, Syria, and the entire Arab community cannot and will not defeat Israel no matter what they try.

I agree citizenship into spiritual Israel is extended to Christians by way of belief in the Jewish Messiah, Jesus. 

And I agree that Christianity is a spiritual nation without boarders…which is exactly why I took issue with your use of Psa 33:12 in reference to the United States.  Even if all Americans were devoted to Christ, the United States is a physical nation with boarders, but there is only ONE physical nation whose God is the LORD, and that nation is Israel.  Israel is the ONLY physical nation set apart by God.  God did NOT set the United States apart.  Israel shares this distinction with no one:

Rom 3:1  “What advantage, then, is there in being a Jew, or what value is there in circumcision? 2Much in every way! First of all, they have been entrusted with the very words of God.”

Rom 9:3-5 “For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, those of my own race, 4the people of Israel. Theirs is the adoption as sons; theirs the divine glory, the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises. 5Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all, forever praised!Amen.”

---

The Bible says even the physical country of Israel will be destroyed when the new earth is created (Rev 21).

Nowhere in Rev 21 does it say the nation Israel will be destroyed.  It says the earth will be destroyed and recreated with a New Jerusalem at its center.  But the nations themselves will not be destroyed.  They may have their political power structures dashed to pieces by Jesus, but the nations themselves are said to exist in the final eternal situation:

"The nations will walk by [the New Jerusalem’s] light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it…. The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it." (Rev 21:24,26)

“On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.” Rev 22:2

---

That being said, please note that I agree with the thrust of your post – that America needs to follow Christ.  I simply believe you are pulling Psa 33:12 out of context in a way that could be interpreted as trying to steal Israel’s unique distinction, even though I know that is not your intention.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies