Democrats Push for Their Own Religious Voice (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:19:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Democrats Push for Their Own Religious Voice (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats Push for Their Own Religious Voice  (Read 2049 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: September 05, 2006, 05:57:29 PM »

I am a Christian, and I do not believe it was the founding father's purpose to keep Government and Religion completely separate.  It will never be separated, because even the US Constitution as they wrote it was found on principles from the Bible, which is God's Holy Word.  Should they be completely intertwined, no, but to shun any promotions of Christianity on public property is to deny that there is a God and it will eventually be judged by God Himself.

The Bible says "Blessed is the nation who's God is the Lord".

I'm not trying to preach here, but I am trying to advocate and promote Christianity.  Christians cannot be silent in public about their beliefs.  Our job as Christians is to spread the Gospel by telling other's about Jesus Christ and His death on the cross for all mankind and resurrection.  We are not to force it down anyone's throat, for Christ Himself never forced Himself down anyone's throat, but we are to at least give them the choice and let them decide for themselves what they want to do with it.  Silence is a grave sin, and it is just as bad as first degree homicide.  One sin (a little white lie) is the same as another sin (first degree murder).

Like I always say, it doesn't matter whether you miss heaven by half an inch or a million miles, the point is, you still missed it.

Thats enough of my ranting, but I had to get it out.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 09:35:31 PM »

I am a Christian, and I do not believe it was the founding father's purpose to keep Government and Religion completely separate.  It will never be separated, because even the US Constitution as they wrote it was found on principles from the Bible, which is God's Holy Word.  Should they be completely intertwined, no, but to shun any promotions of Christianity on public property is to deny that there is a God and it will eventually be judged by God Himself.

I'm not trying to preach here, but I am trying to advocate and promote Christianity.  Christians cannot be silent in public about their beliefs.  Our job as Christians is to spread the Gospel by telling other's about Jesus Christ and His death on the cross for all mankind and resurrection.  We are not to force it down anyone's throat, for Christ Himself never forced Himself down anyone's throat, but we are to at least give them the choice and let them decide for themselves what they want to do with it.  Silence is a grave sin, and it is just as bad as first degree homicide.  One sin (a little white lie) is the same as another sin (first degree murder).

Like I always say, it doesn't matter whether you miss heaven by half an inch or a million miles, the point is, you still missed it.

Thats enough of my ranting, but I had to get it out.

If the Democratic party believed as you do, they would win a helluva lot more elections.  After that rant, wouldn't you like to come and join the Republican party?  We'd love to have people who feel like you do, it helps us win elections

I am actually a registered Republican because socially I am conservative, but economically, I am just to the left of center as is evident by my Political Matrix score.  Thats why I have a Democratic logo as my avatar.  Seriously, though, I am thinking of switching my avatar back to the Republican party, though I will vote for both parties in the November election.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 10:27:58 PM »

I liked your post, but I have to disagree with your use of that verse...here is whole verse:

Psa 33:12 "Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people he chose for his inheritance."

That is a reference to Israel, not the United States.

I believe the "chosen people" are Christians all over the world not just one country with political borders.  The Bible says even the physical country of Israel will be destroyed when the new earth is created (Rev 21).  Again, its not political borders that define who God's chosen people are, rather whether they have accepted and called on Christ.  However, I do believe that Israel will never be defeated.  Hezbollah, Iran, Syria, and the entire Arab community cannot and will not defeat Israel no matter what they try.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies