Democrats Push for Their Own Religious Voice (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:10:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Democrats Push for Their Own Religious Voice (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats Push for Their Own Religious Voice  (Read 2053 times)
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« on: September 05, 2006, 05:12:35 PM »

Many Democrats are Christians, but they have this "I'm a Christian, so is my neighbor, but that one guy down the street isn't, so everyone has to pretend no one is Christian attitude." 

No.  Democrats would say, let's not stick a large cross on our lawn that says "Jesus is THE GREATEST" and tell that non-Christian neighbor that Christianity is the best religion.  It is called being polite and courteous, something I'm sure you have no experience with.  You can be a Christian and go to Church and believe in all the Christian prinicples, while not blaring it out to everyone who passes by, especially people who'd be offended by it.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 05:36:38 PM »

Many Democrats are Christians, but they have this "I'm a Christian, so is my neighbor, but that one guy down the street isn't, so everyone has to pretend no one is Christian attitude." 

No.  Democrats would say, let's not stick a large cross on our lawn that says "Jesus is THE GREATEST" and tell that non-Christian neighbor that Christianity is the best religion.  It is called being polite and courteous, something I'm sure you have no experience with.  You can be a Christian and go to Church and believe in all the Christian prinicples, while not blaring it out to everyone who passes by, especially people who'd be offended by it.

What if I'm offended to my town won't put a nativity scene?  No one sees that side of it.  Hell I decorate my house to a ridiculous extreme, but there are some people who can't afford to display big elaborate scenes and would love to see the town put up.  But because a few token Athesists are upset, everyone else must suffer.

Here is the liberals motto:
"Atheists come first"

No.  Neutral is not atheism.  Governments should not be getting entangled in religion.  Religion is too messy, and it was the intention of the founders to separate government from religion.  Not to ban religion in anyway, but to not choose to favor any religion over another.  If someone wants Christma decorations for private use and can't afford them they can use two options.
1)Charity
2)If you supported this so much, maybe your government could offer money directly to them so they can buy they're own private decorations
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies