Democrats Push for Their Own Religious Voice (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:06:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Democrats Push for Their Own Religious Voice (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats Push for Their Own Religious Voice  (Read 2051 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: September 05, 2006, 04:56:49 PM »

Many Democrats are Christians, but they have this "I'm a Christian, so is my neighbor, but that one guy down the street isn't, so everyone has to pretend no one is Christian attitude."  If Democrats became pro-life, pro-public display of religion, they would do a helluva lot better.

This I'm a Christian an I believe abortion is wrong, but your not so you can have it on-demand thinking is what is bringing the party down.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 05:14:37 PM »

Many Democrats are Christians, but they have this "I'm a Christian, so is my neighbor, but that one guy down the street isn't, so everyone has to pretend no one is Christian attitude." 

No.  Democrats would say, let's not stick a large cross on our lawn that says "Jesus is THE GREATEST" and tell that non-Christian neighbor that Christianity is the best religion.  It is called being polite and courteous, something I'm sure you have no experience with.  You can be a Christian and go to Church and believe in all the Christian prinicples, while not blaring it out to everyone who passes by, especially people who'd be offended by it.

What if I'm offended to my town won't put a nativity scene?  No one sees that side of it.  Hell I decorate my house to a ridiculous extreme, but there are some people who can't afford to display big elaborate scenes and would love to see the town put up.  But because a few token Athesists are upset, everyone else must suffer.

Here is the liberals motto:
"Atheists come first"
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 07:50:03 PM »

I am a Christian, and I do not believe it was the founding father's purpose to keep Government and Religion completely separate.  It will never be separated, because even the US Constitution as they wrote it was found on principles from the Bible, which is God's Holy Word.  Should they be completely intertwined, no, but to shun any promotions of Christianity on public property is to deny that there is a God and it will eventually be judged by God Himself.

The Bible says "Blessed is the nation who's God is the Lord".

I'm not trying to preach here, but I am trying to advocate and promote Christianity.  Christians cannot be silent in public about their beliefs.  Our job as Christians is to spread the Gospel by telling other's about Jesus Christ and His death on the cross for all mankind and resurrection.  We are not to force it down anyone's throat, for Christ Himself never forced Himself down anyone's throat, but we are to at least give them the choice and let them decide for themselves what they want to do with it.  Silence is a grave sin, and it is just as bad as first degree homicide.  One sin (a little white lie) is the same as another sin (first degree murder).

Like I always say, it doesn't matter whether you miss heaven by half an inch or a million miles, the point is, you still missed it.

Thats enough of my ranting, but I had to get it out.

If the Democratic party believed as you do, they would win a helluva lot more elections.  After that rant, wouldn't you like to come and join the Republican party?  We'd love to have people who feel like you do, it helps us win elections
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 08:52:24 PM »

You would expect the Dems to sell out their values just to win elections? You would respect that.?

When you are a party that hates religiion and only a small portion of the country is atheist, you might want to consider changing your opinions

That's like saying, "You expect Hitler to sell out his values and stop killing Jews to win elections? Would you respect that?"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies