Public Opinion Strategies: Lieberman(I) crushing his opposition
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:48:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Public Opinion Strategies: Lieberman(I) crushing his opposition
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Public Opinion Strategies: Lieberman(I) crushing his opposition  (Read 7081 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2006, 03:48:23 AM »

I am  saying a trend that Lieberman is winning not the percentage. And the same ARG that predicted Kerry would win OH, they have alot of credibility right.

Zogby said Kerry would win Tennessee, which is worse.

For the record, is this an internal poll, in the sense that it was paid for or ordered by the Lieberman campaign?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2006, 03:58:46 AM »

But I think that this poll got it right that Lamont is in deep trouble.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2006, 12:46:35 PM »

You can think that but I agree with other posters that this poll should be ruled out of general trends in the Connecticut Senate race.  I will include it when I do another Senate Races Poll of Polls thread in early November.  However, I think the fact that its an Internal poll should speak for itself really. 
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2006, 12:58:12 PM »

POS (despite the initials) is considered one of the best partisan polling firms.

Here is the poll.

It was done by both POS and Knickerbocker SKD, a solidly Democrat firm.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2006, 01:14:04 PM »

POS (despite the initials) is considered one of the best partisan polling firms.

Here is the poll.

I've never heard of Knickerbocker SKD (snicker), but if a Democratic poll and POS come together to take a poll, I'd usually trust it.  Then again, Connecticut is an odd case.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2006, 03:22:10 PM »

Here is the poll.

I've never heard of Knickerbocker SKD (snicker), but if a Democratic poll and POS come together to take a poll, I'd usually trust it.  Then again, Connecticut is an odd case.

POS is a very good firm, so if there is no (or less) reason to suspect bias, I'd trust this.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2006, 04:00:30 PM »

Here is the poll.

POS is a very good firm, so if there is no (or less) reason to suspect bias, I'd trust this.

Well somebody is way off. Its either Rasmussen and ARG or this poll and Zogby. I'll trust the big Ras. for now at least.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2006, 04:08:18 PM »

Here is the poll.

Well somebody is way off. Its either Rasmussen and ARG or this poll and Zogby. I'll trust the big Ras. for now at least.

Btw, I don't remember if I did ask you about Lynch. I take it you're a big fan?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2006, 06:41:31 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2006, 06:56:57 PM by Eraserhead »

Here is the poll.

Yes indeed. Eraserhead is easily my favorite picture of all time.
PrisonerOfHope
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.70, S: -5.50

P
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2006, 10:02:18 AM »

Outlier provided by a Republican pollster. I don't doubt Lieberman is ahead right now but I don't take this seriously.

They must be talking to them poll cats.
Bush/LIEberman poll made up
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2006, 04:53:54 PM »

Public Opinion Strategies is normally a GOP poll, but they are doing work for Lieberman this election.

Two points about POS....

#1 - An expectionally strong firm... arguably the best polling firm in the nation. Bill McInturff (their founder) is defacto the official GOP pollster..  They poll for 17 or 18 senators, and a huge chunk of the House. - In the 2004 Presidential race they were a (very) close second to Mason Dixon in overall accuracy.

#2 - This is a "combat" polling firm... They do push polls, "pr" polls, anything and everything needed to win a race... to discribe these guys as "hyper partisan" just isn't strong enough....  I have 100% confidence that the "real" POS numbers are very accurate. 

There is just no way of knowing if these are the "real" numbers.

Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2006, 04:56:19 PM »

Vorlon,

I'm a bit confused.  POS is a push pollster, but very accurate?   Do you mean that they sometimes release very accurate polls, and then do push polls, which are indistinguishable?
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2006, 05:01:47 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2006, 05:05:14 PM by The Vorlon »

Vorlon,

I'm a bit confused.  POS is a push pollster, but very accurate?   Do you mean that they sometimes release very accurate polls, and then do push polls, which are indistinguishable?

The "internal" numbers, the real, honest to Pete, "Dear Mr. Client this is our best estimate of the race right now" numbers provided by POS are as good at it gets.  This is an exceptionally good firm, arguably the best firm in the nation.

For the "real" numbers POS is utterly "by the book" an RDD quota called EPC sample corrected to a rolling average Party ID ratio, done by real, well paid human operators, using a big sample.

The numbers they release externally, ie the ones designed to try to change the race, create a buzz, generate media, ie polls whose function is to change the political reality, as oppose to measure the political reality will say whatever POS feels will best serve their client - reality be damned...  If it takes a push poll, a blip, and small sample, tarot cards, a ouiji board, a strange turnout assumption to generate that 'desired' number... so be it Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2006, 07:36:31 PM »

Here is the poll.

I've only seen Blue Velvet, Straight Story and Lost Highway, but I loved all of them. I
ve been meaning to watch Eraserhead too.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2006, 07:47:23 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2006, 07:51:09 PM by Tredrick »

Public Opinion Strategies is normally a GOP poll, but they are doing work for Lieberman this election.

Two points about POS....

#1 - An expectionally strong firm... arguably the best polling firm in the nation. Bill McInturff (their founder) is defacto the official GOP pollster..  They poll for 17 or 18 senators, and a huge chunk of the House. - In the 2004 Presidential race they were a (very) close second to Mason Dixon in overall accuracy.

#2 - This is a "combat" polling firm... They do push polls, "pr" polls, anything and everything needed to win a race... to discribe these guys as "hyper partisan" just isn't strong enough....  I have 100% confidence that the "real" POS numbers are very accurate. 

There is just no way of knowing if these are the "real" numbers.

Good to see you back!

I do have a question for you.

Has Rasmussen significantly increased the ratio in weighting in favor of the Democrats in his polls?

His results are a little bit weird to me.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2006, 08:48:07 PM »

The "internal" numbers, the real, honest to Pete, "Dear Mr. Client this is our best estimate of the race right now" numbers provided by POS are as good at it gets.  This is an exceptionally good firm, arguably the best firm in the nation.

For the "real" numbers POS is utterly "by the book" an RDD quota called EPC sample corrected to a rolling average Party ID ratio, done by real, well paid human operators, using a big sample.

The numbers they release externally, ie the ones designed to try to change the race, create a buzz, generate media, ie polls whose function is to change the political reality, as oppose to measure the political reality will say whatever POS feels will best serve their client - reality be damned...  If it takes a push poll, a blip, and small sample, tarot cards, a ouiji board, a strange turnout assumption to generate that 'desired' number... so be it Smiley

So, in summary, the bastards are holding out on us, and we shouldn't trust 'em?  Tongue
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2006, 10:47:51 PM »

Here is the poll.

I've only seen Blue Velvet, Straight Story and Lost Highway, but I loved all of them. I
ve been meaning to watch Eraserhead too.

Cool. Check it out. If you like those other ones, Eraserhead will blow your mind. Elephant Man is another good Lynch film but Eraserhead is by far my favorite.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2006, 08:14:47 AM »

Look on the main poll page it say Bluegrass poll Schlesinger in the lead.

LOL. Oh my god that poll has me rolling on the floor. Go Gold! Go Gold!

Well....that polling firm has lost any positive reputation it may have had.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2006, 11:04:20 AM »

It turns out it was a fake poll. Somebody felt the need to brighten all four Schleshinger supporters days.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2006, 10:42:33 PM »

It turns out it was a fake poll. Somebody felt the need to brighten all four Schleshinger supporters days.

That makes sense, they are probably the most depressed people on Earth...perhaps next to John Faso supporters.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2006, 11:48:09 PM »

That makes sense, they are probably the most depressed people on Earth...perhaps next to John Faso supporters.

At least Faso has about seven supporters.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies