Mason-Dixon: Allen(R) leads by four points over Webb(D)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:34:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Mason-Dixon: Allen(R) leads by four points over Webb(D)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Mason-Dixon: Allen(R) leads by four points over Webb(D)  (Read 5592 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2006, 05:22:04 AM »

But Kerry voted against funding the troops. I think Feingold is too much like a Dean clone. Bayh funded the troops, voted for the Patriot act and voted for the War. The republicans will run the same play tactics on Feingold that they did on Kerry. Especially if it is either Guilliani or McCain.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2006, 07:51:04 AM »

I like Feingold, but I have the distinct impression that the GOP machine would make mincemeat of him.

I want Gore... but I would LOVE a Bayh or Warner ticket.

Dems need to be pragmatic. Pick someone who's electable... basically someone who can make sure they can hold all the mid-West states they already have... plus PA and make an attempt at VA, OH and the SW. Florida would be nice.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2006, 08:03:46 AM »
« Edited: September 11, 2006, 08:07:55 AM by overton »

We willl replay the Kerry campaign all over again. Voted against the patriot act, voted against the war in Iraq. Need more balance there. The war is unpopular but as we saw play out in 2004 presidential election where the people are deciding on a commander in chief, people want to win the war. They don't want to lose it. People want a quick end to the war but don't want to lose the war.  Plus Warner and Evan Bayh have executive experience and Feingold don't, both were governors.
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2006, 10:06:13 AM »

Can we get back to the topic at hand here?   Take your presidential discussions to the 2008 thread.  This is about Jim Webb and George Allen, not Mark Warner or Evan Bayh.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2006, 10:06:23 AM »

I wouldn't be so quick to think Webb will win until he has taken the lead.

Webb will not win, but it is enough for me to know that Allen will not win a second term in a walk, and that the narrowness of the margin by which he wins reelection this year could wreck his presidential ambitions -at least far as 2008 is concerned. 

This poll confirms that. 

Why do you have a Webb sign as your avatar then if you do not believe he´s winning ? Nov. 7 is decision day and he may very well win. Wink
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2006, 10:12:57 AM »

Webb will not win, but it is enough for me to know that Allen will not win a second term in a walk, and that the narrowness of the margin by which he wins reelection this year could wreck his presidential ambitions -at least far as 2008 is concerned. 

This poll confirms that. 

Why do you have a Webb sign as your avatar then if you do not believe he´s winning ? Nov. 7 is decision day and he may very well win. Wink

He supports Webb and wants him to win, but he predicts that he will fall short.

For a long time, I felt the same way, but in the last month and a half I have really taken this race seriously. 
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2006, 11:10:05 AM »

This poll confirms that. 

For a long time, I felt the same way, but in the last month and a half I have really taken this race seriously. 

All the polling suggests that the race should be taken dead seriously now. It is just the capital advantage that tilts the race slightly in Allen's favor. Once again, the race should be taken extremely seriously now though.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2006, 11:49:12 AM »

This poll confirms that. 

Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2006, 01:05:31 AM »

We willl replay the Kerry campaign all over again. Voted against the patriot act, voted against the war in Iraq. Need more balance there. The war is unpopular but as we saw play out in 2004 presidential election where the people are deciding on a commander in chief, people want to win the war. They don't want to lose it. People want a quick end to the war but don't want to lose the war.  Plus Warner and Evan Bayh have executive experience and Feingold don't, both were governors.

I don't think the GOP will be able to do to Feingold what they did to Kerry.  For starters one of Kerry's problems was he didn't fight back well.  Thats not something that will happen with Feingold.  Also one of the maintaglines which worked was flip flopper (though it was less true tjan the GOP suggested) it still worked.  The GOp is not going to be able to pull the same on Feingold.  He would be a better candidate than kerry was (and is my top choice for 08)

Now back to the topic.

Allen looks like he is Ahead at this point, but this race is no question not over.  it has gotten MUCH MUCH tighter and Webb can win this.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies