Rasmussen: Cantwell(D) above 50% against McGavick(R)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 07:28:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Rasmussen: Cantwell(D) above 50% against McGavick(R)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Rasmussen: Cantwell(D) above 50% against McGavick(R)  (Read 6905 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2006, 06:41:32 PM »
« edited: September 09, 2006, 06:46:08 PM by overton »

Sorry meant Patty Murray.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2006, 11:05:50 PM »

The Zogby polls were conducted on Aug 28. And it had Cantwell up by 7 or 8 pts. No, this isn't a Zogby poll but I put stock in the Zogby polls better than Rasmussen who has been all over the map all year long with its irregular polling.

Zogby is terrible. Rasmussen is pretty good. Just look at the polling during the 2004 elections.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2006, 11:56:56 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2006, 12:05:04 AM by overton »

You keep saying that and he blew the 2000 election. He nailed the Patty Murray race if I recall and he predicted the Kerry victory in 2004, so I believe his poll on Washington. Also Eraserhead this poll was taken before the news story broke before yesterday.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2006, 12:05:59 AM »

You keep saying that and he blew the 2000 election. He nailed the Patty Murray race if I recall and he predicted the Kerry victory in 2004, so I believe his poll on Washington. Also Eraserhead this poll was taken before the news story broke before yesterday.

Everyone predicted a Kerry victory in 2004 in Washington.  Washington is an easy state to poll federally, and not so easy on the state level (Mason-Dixon did poorly in 2004).
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2006, 01:21:55 AM »

But the Patty Murray was called by Zogby as well.  I think that Cantwell is up between 6-9 pts. This race is going to go down to the wire.  And the DUI charge and the scandle by Cantwell might cancel each other out and we will have a very close race at the end worth watching.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2006, 01:23:12 AM »

But the Patty Murray was called by Zogby as well.  I think that Cantwell is up between 6-9 pts. This race is going to go down to the wire.  And the DUI charge and the scandle by Cantwell might cancel each other out and we will have a very close race at the end worth watching.

Do you even know what the scandal is?  Seriously, dude, you're uneducated on this stuff.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2006, 01:25:25 AM »

I am not uneducated I just said that this race will come down to the wire all scandles aside. Scandles don't have much impact unless it is a big scandles both were minor and it will be a close race.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2006, 01:46:04 AM »

I am not uneducated I just said that this race will come down to the wire all scandles aside. Scandles don't have much impact unless it is a big scandles both were minor and it will be a close race.

Why do you think Cantwell will lose support?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2006, 01:53:48 AM »

Because she is very pro-war and WA the war isn't that popular. In WA Bush approvals are negative. That's why I think it will be very close at the end. Also, there are independents on the ticket, and just like Ralph Nader syphened votes away from Kerry and Gore, they are going to take away some support from her, and it will end up being a close race.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2006, 02:24:15 AM »

Because she is very pro-war and WA the war isn't that popular. In WA Bush approvals are negative. That's why I think it will be very close at the end. Also, there are independents on the ticket, and just like Ralph Nader syphened votes away from Kerry and Gore, they are going to take away some support from her, and it will end up being a close race.

Why do you think that will change by November?  It's already a well-known fact that Cantwell is pro-war.

Dixon isn't going to do super-well.  Not enough to make a difference of more than a few points, I don't think.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2006, 02:37:34 AM »

Whats the alternative though? McGavick is even more pro war. Now if McGavick was anti-war we would have a really interesting campaign on our hands.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2006, 02:46:48 AM »
« Edited: September 10, 2006, 02:57:54 AM by overton »

There is about 15% undecided and eventhough they know Cantwell's position on the war they have yet to decide if she is fit for office. Those undecides will decide the outcome of the race one way or the other. So, far they haven't broke for either camp. They know who positions, but they haven't made up their minds yet.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2006, 03:31:42 AM »

There is about 15% undecided and eventhough they know Cantwell's position on the war they have yet to decide if she is fit for office. Those undecides will decide the outcome of the race one way or the other. So, far they haven't broke for either camp. They know who positions, but they haven't made up their minds yet.

Dude, I know what undecideds are.  They generally aren't ultra-liberal. Tongue
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2006, 07:14:54 AM »
« Edited: September 10, 2006, 09:08:08 AM by overton »

But the undecides will decide the outcome of the election and might give McGavick a chance who has a great story though, that's why it will get close at the end and race will be undecided until the ads and debates. No, the independents are not very liberal, but they might want someone who is a true independent like McGavick and not someone who votes along party lines, Democratic.  I am not saying that McGavick will win this but he  can make it dangerously close just like Webb is doing in VA.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2006, 12:53:14 PM »

But the undecides will decide the outcome of the election and might give McGavick a chance who has a great story though, that's why it will get close at the end and race will be undecided until the ads and debates. No, the independents are not very liberal, but they might want someone who is a true independent like McGavick and not someone who votes along party lines, Democratic.  I am not saying that McGavick will win this but he  can make it dangerously close just like Webb is doing in VA.

Oh, please.  Every Washington Republican is an "independent."  McGavick is a social and economic conservative who will vote pretty near party line.  He worked for Slade Gorton!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2006, 01:07:22 PM »

I am saying that they may want people who moves Bush bills forward in the senate not stalling them. I am not saying that he will win, but he got a great life story and he can will.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2006, 01:10:52 PM »

I am saying that they may want people who moves Bush bills forward in the senate not stalling them. I am not saying that he will win, but he got a great life story and he can will.

Why would Washington want someone who supports Bush legislation when he is so unpopular?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2006, 01:15:43 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2006, 01:19:49 PM by overton »

Why did the country vote for Bush in 2004 and he was unpopular as well? I agree with you that Washington isn't like the rest of the south but having an incumbant in the WH does give advantages to the party that is challenging the outparty. I was refering to the spending bills on defense spending not social spending bills like tax cuts. The country wants continued support of defense build up and Cantwell might not fit that bill. She hasn't vote  for all of Bush defense authorization bills.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2006, 01:21:39 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2006, 01:24:44 PM by Alcon »

Why did the country vote for Bush in 2004 and he was unpopular as well? I agree with you that Washington isn't like the rest of the south but having an incumbant in the WH does give advantages to the party that is challenging the outparty. I was refering to the spending bills on defense spending not social spending bills like tax cuts. The country wants continued support of defense build up and Cantwell might not fit that bill. She hasn't vote  for all of Bush defense authorization bills.

You have no idea what you are talking aboutEver.

Bush had positive approvals in November 2004; Kerry had negative approvals.

Whatever "defence build-up" means.

EDIT: Washington, in the South?   What?!?  Are you actually even from the U.S.?  Please tell me that you aren't confusing the District of Columbia with Washington state.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2006, 01:25:26 PM »

I was talking about the defense bills that Cantwell cut. She didn't vote for all of them and the people want the defense bills passed all of them and McGavick will vote for them. As for Bush approvals, he was at 40% all summer long he was only at 50% only on election day. Again, I didn't say that Cantwell won't win, it will be close. And I do know what I am talking about.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2006, 01:26:41 PM »

I was talking about the defense bills that Cantwell cut. She didn't vote for all of them and the people want the defense bills passed all of them and McGavick will vote for them. As for Bush approvals, he was at 40% all summer long he was only at 50% only on election day. Again, I didn't say that Cantwell won't win, it will be close. And I do know what I am talking about.

The approvals during the summer don't matter.  People don't vote based on summer approval!

And please tell me that you know the difference between Washington state and Washington, D.C., because Washington isn't a part of the "South."  What the hell?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2006, 01:28:28 PM »

Again, Cantwell didn't vote for all the spending bills over the long hall and people want someone who funds the war on terror. And the approval ratings was at 40% until election day. If Kerry had so low approvals why did he win close to winning the election.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2006, 01:29:58 PM »

Again, Cantwell didn't vote for all the spending bills over the long hall and people want someone who funds the war on terror.

Prove that people won't vote for someone based on this.  Give any evidence.

By the way, you need to be honest, here.  I'm going to assume that you aren't American, or aren't a native English speaker, or something.  Is this true?  If it is, I will be a little less harsh on you, but confusing Washington, D.C. with the state is ridiculous.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2006, 01:32:43 PM »

The Dems who were obstructing defense authorization bills lost two elections based on the war on terror that is my evidence. It might be to some but not to everyone.  Kerry got defeated because Bush ran the ad over and over again, that he didn't fund the troops in Iraq, that's my proof.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2006, 01:34:48 PM »

The Dems who were obstructing defense authorization bills lost two elections based on the war on terror that is my evidence. It might be to some but not to everyone.  Kerry got defeated because Bush ran the ad over and over again, that he didn't fund the troops in Iraq, that's my proof.

I am increasingly believing you are one of the single best trolls I've ever seen.  You are way too passive about being insulted, considering how uneducated you are on this.

No one is convinced they know too much while making a statement like "Washington is in the South."  Sorry.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies