obama or ford? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:08:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  obama or ford? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: obama or ford?  (Read 26021 times)
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« on: December 26, 2008, 12:41:06 PM »

Obama and he needs to run now!

You get no where in politics if you wait your turn.  And Obama seems to me to be the only Democrat who can take out Hillary.  Moreover, though I've previously been partial to candidacies like that of Mark Warner--reasonable, consenus-building moderates, just as much, if not more can be accomplished with the type of inspiring leadership Obama offers. 

The biggest obstacle to any Democratic president, though, is the McCain juggernaut.  Some say McCain is too moderate for the GOP nomination but he's quickly accumulating more and more establishment support.  He's going to have tons and tons of money and I just don't see a GOPer who's going to have the power to rally forces against him at this point.

If McCain's the nominee, I think Obama could still make it competitive.  In fact, I think he's probably the ONLY Democrat who could hold off McCain.  But I'd much rather have him wait if McCain's a sure thing on the GOP side.

As for running mates for Obama, I'm partial to a Kansas ticket w/ Gov. Kathleen Sebelius as VP. 

This is one of the best predictions I've seen but you still underestimated Obama Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies