Rhode Island Senate Primary official thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:11:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rhode Island Senate Primary official thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rhode Island Senate Primary official thread  (Read 22545 times)
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« on: September 12, 2006, 03:35:02 PM »

I have a feeling that Chafee will win it. But really, who knows? Polling for this race was garbage.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 04:19:48 PM »

The Dems have a superior candidate no matter what. Instead of wasting money to defend Chafee, why not go with the Republican in the race and admit that we have no shot in November?

This is true. If Chafee wins tonight, the GOP is going to blow a few million dollars in Rhode Island so that he can lose the general with 47 percent of the vote.

Doesn't make much sense to me.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 04:35:59 PM »

The NRSC probably wouldn't have to spend anything if Chafee wins the primary.

I'm sure they will- look at all the money they've poured into the primary. Either way, I'm looking forward to Senator Whitehouse.

Corbin, come to the party-disillusioned independent crowd, where the liberals call you a conservative and the conservatives call you a liberal!

Obviously you're neither. You're just an effete latte-sipping suburbanite who likes to study election results.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 04:53:32 PM »

Why on Earth would they blow any money when Chaffee is going to spend whatever amount necessary to win from his own fortune

The national GOP has said that it's not sending any money into Rhode Island if Laffey wins the primary. That would seem to imply that they are planning to send money into Rhode Island if Chafee is the nominee.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 05:04:24 AM »

I'm starting to feel sorry for the Laffey.

He's a good guy, and he fought hard. The odds were just stacked against him. But he got 46 percent of the vote against an incumbent Senator in the GOP primary, with the national party openly attacking him. That's not too shabby.

This means that Whitehouse will have to exert some effort in the general. He wins anyway by four to six points.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies