Rhode Island Senate Primary official thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:16:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rhode Island Senate Primary official thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rhode Island Senate Primary official thread  (Read 22571 times)
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« on: September 13, 2006, 10:25:30 AM »

I don't think Santorum is looking for a new Chief of Staff.

I'm sure he'll continue to get them from San Francisco.

No, you must be thinking of Barney Frank, the Democrat.

I think he was making a joke about how Santorum's current (or was it his past?) Chief of Staff is gay.

Oh.  I knew it must be some kind of joke, though I had no idea about what specifically.

Good for Santorum, though, for hiring a Chief of Staff who is gay.  It just shows that Santorum has respect for all people, straight or gay.

Well he didn't hire him knowing he was gay.  He kept him on his staff after he came out, but its not as Santorum knowingly hired someone who was gay

Why does it matter whether he was gay or not?

It doesn't.  But some people here find it rather humorous that Santorum would have a gay aide when he has made some statements in the past that many would consider homophobic.

Back to the race:  While I wouldn't mind seeing Whitehouse win, I am not predicting a Democratic blowout here at the moment.  Thanks to the great influence the Chafee family has had in Rhode Island, I don't think that Rhode Islanders will easily cast him aside.  In other words, this is still going to be a close race.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies